News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: sbr on April 14, 2011, 10:14:33 PM
I would never read this thread if it weren't for following the Coyotes/Jets/Goldwater soap opera it has turned into. 

:)

Quote from: sbr
It's not like it's about a real sport.

:ultra:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Zoupa

Quote from: PRC on April 12, 2011, 12:31:54 PM
Here are my first round picks:

Montreal vs Boston in 4

Our first fail.

:sleep:

How good do you think Claude Julien will be sleeping tonight? Your job is on the line buddy. Hopefuly the Habs threw them into a mindfuck for saturday.

Grey Fox

I would never read this thread if it weren't for following the Coyotes/Jets/Goldwater soap opera it has turned into.  It's not like it's about a real sport.

:huh: I mean, we could argue that it sucks & all but that it isn't a sport? Come on!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Zoupa on April 14, 2011, 11:24:43 PM
Quote from: PRC on April 12, 2011, 12:31:54 PM
Here are my first round picks:

Montreal vs Boston in 4

Our first fail.

:sleep:

How good do you think Claude Julien will be sleeping tonight? Your job is on the line buddy. Hopefuly the Habs threw them into a mindfuck for saturday.
Somebody predicted that the Habs would get swept?  That was foolish.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

I guess Boston never regained their testicular fortitude they lost last year. Oh well.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

I would never read this thread if it weren't for following the Coyotes/Jets/Goldwater soap opera it has turned into.  It's not like it's about a real sport.

Another excellent reason for banning BB from this thread for the next three months.

Valmy

Would going up 2-0 tonight be good for the Caps or would taking a series lead only ensure their eventual collapse? :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Winnipeg radio reporting that Senator McCain (who had lobbied in favour of the deal) has said it is "dead", and Mayor Scruggs of Glendale has said that the City has done everything it can (which is funny, as you'd think they were still trying to sell bonds or soemthing).

:shifty:

Grey Fox

Poor Hulsizer should have went the Gillet way.

Dude bought the Habs for around 150mil (with a loan of 100mil from Quebec gov) & sold them 550mil.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 15, 2011, 12:49:37 PM
Winnipeg radio reporting that Senator McCain (who had lobbied in favour of the deal) has said it is "dead", and Mayor Scruggs of Glendale has said that the City has done everything it can (which is funny, as you'd think they were still trying to sell bonds or soemthing).

:shifty:

My enthusiasm for this story has faded now that the long wait for the playoffs is over :yeah:

But I would be shocked now if they are not in Winnipeg next year :cheers:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 15, 2011, 12:40:52 PM
Another excellent reason for banning BB from this thread for the next three months.
Can't be done, mostly because you're a Canucks fan.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 15, 2011, 01:03:11 PM

Dude bought the Habs for around 150mil (with a loan of 100mil from Quebec gov) & sold them 550mil.

But the Habs actually make money. :mellow:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on April 15, 2011, 01:10:54 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 15, 2011, 12:40:52 PM
Can't be done, mostly because you're a Canucks fan.

I always assumed there would be an element of Edmontonion sour grapes bias.

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 15, 2011, 02:08:22 PM
I always assumed there would be an element of Edmontonion sour grapes bias.
I wouldn't think that 'sour grapes' applies, would you?  Or any sort of Edmontonian factor.  I simply hate the Canucks and everything they stand for, and most especially their scumbag fans.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on April 15, 2011, 02:02:08 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 15, 2011, 01:03:11 PM

But the Habs actually make money. :mellow:

When he bought them? Barely but that's not my point. My point is, if you want the state to buy you a team you have to do it somewhere the general population cares about hockey.