News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 11, 2011, 12:34:35 PM
The Trashers are moving this summer. You heard it, here first.

*No source*

I've been saying this for months.   :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

How can we tell in between all that Jets clutter?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Neil on April 11, 2011, 12:32:46 PM
I think I'll support the Kings, Coyotes, Blackhawks and ...Ducks in the West, and the Habs, Flyers, Rangers and Lightning in the East.
:mad:  Sabres!
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 11, 2011, 12:40:07 PM
How can we tell in between all that Jets clutter?

It's part and parcel of the Jets talk.

ASG wants out.  The NHL *wants* to keep the Coyotes in Phoenix, and move the Thrashers to Winnipeg.  If however they have to move the Coyotes, I'm not sure what happens to Atlanta.

Grey Fox

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 11, 2011, 01:33:41 PM
Kansas City Scouts?

No ownership group in Kansas City.  You gotta have someone willing to write a $100mil+ cheque.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on April 11, 2011, 01:36:22 PM
Kansas City Scouts?

No ownership group in Kansas City.  You gotta have someone willing to write a $100mil+ cheque.

PKP is willing but Quebec City doesn't have an NHL ready arena.
Blackberry dude has the money but the ownership group isn't letting him in.

Anyone else?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on April 11, 2011, 12:46:10 PM
I think I'll support the Kings, Coyotes, Blackhawks and ...Ducks in the West, and the Habs, Flyers, Rangers and Lightning in the East.
:mad:  Sabres!

The Sabres and their fans are eternally cursed for treating Miro Satan like shit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 11, 2011, 01:37:42 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 11, 2011, 01:36:22 PM
Kansas City Scouts?

PKP is willing but Quebec City doesn't have an NHL ready arena.
Blackberry dude has the money but the ownership group isn't letting him in.

Anyone else?

Well there is Mark Chipman / David Thomson of course... :whistle:

Is the Quebec City arena deal 100% finalized?  The Colisee could be used as an interim arena until a new one is built - but only if the new arena is guaranteed.

crazy canuck

BB you are cluttering the thread to such an extent that CCR has still not noticed the guantlet being thrown down.  Now take you silly talk of Winnipeg being a real city elsewhere.

Barrister

Winnipeg will win a Stanley Cup before Vancouver ever will.   :cool:

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

The Kings, Coyotes, Ducks, and Lightning?  You, sir, are worse than Bettman-Hitler.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Valmy on April 11, 2011, 11:29:04 PM

The Kings, Coyotes, Ducks, and Lightning?  You, sir, are worse than Bettman-Hitler.

:heh:
:p

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on April 11, 2011, 11:29:04 PM

The Kings are a young team with dash, toughness and élan.  They're old enough that I don't really think of them as one of the misbegotten southern expansion teams.  They've just always been there.  I don't bear the Sharks any ill will, I just decided that if the Kings got in, they'd have my support against most of the non-Canadian teams in the West.

The Coyotes have cast off the Gretzky-led futility to become a decent team.  And since they're playing the Mercs from Detroit, I have to support them in any event.  It'd be a nice last hurrah for Glendale.

The Ducks are somewhat loathsome, but since they are playing against the trapping Predators, whose goal it is to ruin the playoffs, let the Ducks get to the second round.

The Lightning have firepower and Dwayne Roloson.  The Penguins have too many commercials about Sidney Crosby.  My choice is clear.

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.