News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Neil on April 03, 2011, 09:40:58 AM
The Canucks should feel shame.  Losing to the Oilers?  Perhaps they're practicing for their traditional playoff choke.

possibly or possibly they were riding a winning streak and facing a team desperate to prove it could get off an even longer losing streak. Edmoton played with more intensity all evening. The Canucks have been doing the sluggish start big finish on all their winning streaks lately. Last night they didn't come back. It was also Schneid's weakest game all year (and he wasn't that bad really.)

meaningless game though. The Playoffs are the playoffs. Everyone is one far more equal footing. and choke or not I look forward to entertaining hockey.
:p

viper37

Qui veut jouer à Winnipeg?
Summary
Who wants to play in Winnipeg?

A survey made on 318 NHL players.  53% says Quebec city is the canadian city most deserving of a team.  Only 25% for Winnipeg.

And this interview with Éric Bélanger where he says most players of the Coyotes don't want to go to Winnipeg, especially the ones who played there.  They would prefer playing in Quebec city.

The rest of the french news piece talks about how Quebec city fans are the greatest, most wonderful fans of the world while 'peg fans are boring :P
(now BB's blood is boiling for sure :P :P )

Actually, it says Winnipeg fans are staying quiet for fears of seeing Bettman 'angry' and passing over them while Quebec city fans have a more pro-active way of demonstrating support with the Nordiques Nation.

Also, Winnipeg businness model is to sell 15 000 seats at full price all night rather than a 3000 extra at half price with a bigger arena.  Not sure wich is best.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

I just want the Thrashers and Coyotes gone.  Does it really matter which one goes to Winnipeg and which one goes to QC?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on April 03, 2011, 01:17:49 PM
they'll finish first.  The Habs will finish last.  And the Habs will eliminate the Caps 5-1.  Meh.

:(

Next you will predict the sun will rise in the east. :P

Though unless the expanded the first round to 9 games I am pretty sure the Caps will be eliminated 4-1.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on April 04, 2011, 10:35:54 AM
I just want the Thrashers and Coyotes gone.  Does it really matter which one goes to Winnipeg and which one goes to QC?
No, it doesn't matter.  I was just teasing BB :)

These 2 teams have no support, compared to other places where hockey might be struggling.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on April 04, 2011, 10:28:32 AM
Qui veut jouer à Winnipeg?
Summary
Who wants to play in Winnipeg?

A survey made on 318 NHL players.  53% says Quebec city is the canadian city most deserving of a team.  Only 25% for Winnipeg.

And this interview with Éric Bélanger where he says most players of the Coyotes don't want to go to Winnipeg, especially the ones who played there.  They would prefer playing in Quebec city.

The rest of the french news piece talks about how Quebec city fans are the greatest, most wonderful fans of the world while 'peg fans are boring :P
(now BB's blood is boiling for sure :P :P )

Actually, it says Winnipeg fans are staying quiet for fears of seeing Bettman 'angry' and passing over them while Quebec city fans have a more pro-active way of demonstrating support with the Nordiques Nation.

Also, Winnipeg businness model is to sell 15 000 seats at full price all night rather than a 3000 extra at half price with a bigger arena.  Not sure wich is best.

Meh.  Winnipeg is at the front of the list - we don't need to hold demonstrations.

And how can they ask 'ones' who used to play in winnipeg?  There's only one - Shane Doan - and he has only ever said nice things about Winnipeg, but expressed a strong desire to stay in Phoenix.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

He played for other teams too, namely the Wild and the Kings.  It's unclear if they are Coyotes players or somehwere else in the league.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on April 04, 2011, 05:23:22 PM
He played for other teams too, namely the Wild and the Kings.  It's unclear if they are Coyotes players or somehwere else in the league.

Shane Doan has spent his entire career with the Jets/Coyotes franchise.

There are very, very few former Jets still playing in the league.  Besides Doan, I can only think of Selanne and Khabibulin.  I've never heard either say anything bad about Winnipeg.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on April 04, 2011, 05:26:01 PM
There are very, very few former Jets still playing in the league.  Besides Doan, I can only think of Selanne and Khabibulin.  I've never heard either say anything bad about Winnipeg.
They'd be the only ones.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Don't forget Kris Draper. He played 20 games with Jets from 1990 to 93.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

crazy canuck

nobody cares about whether Winnipeg will get a failed sports franchise.

Dont clutter the thread during the playoffs.

Back on topic.

CCR.  We are coming for you and your Hawks!

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 11, 2011, 11:37:27 AM
nobody cares about whether Winnipeg will get a failed sports franchise.

Dont clutter the thread during the playoffs.

Back on topic.

CCR.  We are coming for you and your Hawks!

The people in the picture seem to care.  :blurgh:

Of course all the empty seats behind them are absolutely priceless.   :)

Neil

I think I'll support the Kings, Coyotes, Blackhawks and ...Ducks in the West, and the Habs, Flyers, Rangers and Lightning in the East.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

The Trashers are moving this summer. You heard it, here first.

*No source*
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.