News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

I got a little emotional seeing the Caps crush the Knights last night. I remembered back in 1992 when I watched the Caps beat the Pens to go up 3-1 and I went to school the next school day telling everybody this was the year and they were going to win the Cup...and then they collapsed and boy did I get shit. I will soon be vindicated! And when I was in France in 1998 and watched the Caps get run over by the Wings in the middle of the damn night with this one Quebec guy who was there.

My family is totally laughing at me. I am probably the only hockey fan within 2,000 miles they always look at me like I am a crazy man this time of year...and especially this year. And since ESPN sucks ass now I know there are very few Sportscenter kids out there like I was, who pretty much became a fan of all sports because of that show. They just don't get the joy of enjoying the entire sports calendar.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

This is the year!

When I was a kid, I was a big caps fan. I hope Kolzig shows up to the Parade & feel vindicated!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 05, 2018, 10:01:44 AM
When I was a kid, I was a big caps fan.

But you have the historically best team in the NHL, why would you root for a crappy American team?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 05, 2018, 11:03:13 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 05, 2018, 10:01:44 AM
When I was a kid, I was a big caps fan.

But you have the historically best team in the NHL, why would you root for a crappy American team?

I'm a contrarian. Everyone at school was either a Red Wings or Penguins fan.

Valmy

The Habs have not been worth anything for decades now. I wish it weren't so. I think they make the NHL better when they are good.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2018, 11:31:48 AM
The Habs have not been worth anything for decades now. I wish it weren't so. I think they make the NHL better when they are good.

Montreal is the new Toronto.  Toronto is, well, something you don't discuss in polite company.

Jaron

Tomorrow is Valmy's big day!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Valmy

Quote from: Jaron on June 06, 2018, 07:22:26 PM
Tomorrow is Valmy's big day!

One day to a new beginning!
The Caps will raise the cup high!
Ovie will finally be a king!
Just kidding LA he will stay a Cap
There's a new world to be winning
Now that the Pens are gone

Tomorrow we'll discover what the Gods of Hockey have in stooooore
One more dawn
One more day
ONE GAME MOOOOOOOORE

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Valmy, you will lose the game tonight. So you can win the cup at home in game 6. So it is said, so it shall be.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 07, 2018, 09:48:38 AM
Valmy, you will lose the game tonight. So you can win the cup at home in game 6. So it is said, so it shall be.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 07, 2018, 09:48:38 AM

No!

FINISH THEM! FATALITY!

viper37

while they sing the US national anthem during a hockey game, I always wondered if Americans realized this was written at a time when Canada threatened their national security?  I guess I had my answer this week.  ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

I swear to God every game in Vegas has this weird WWE feel to it.

Knights with a few good chances so far. They seem like a different team at home :hmm:

Maybe more NHL teams should go for a pro-wrestling style pre-game :P

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on June 07, 2018, 07:25:04 PM
while they sing the US national anthem during a hockey game, I always wondered if Americans realized this was written at a time when Canada threatened their national security?  I guess I had my answer this week.  ;)

Our President holds grudges.

Speaking of our beloved leader I wonder if the Caps will be invited to visit the White House if they win after all this shit with the Eagles. But then the Caps have lots of Russian players and maybe Trump prefers them to American athletes   :P :ph34r: