NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on May 07, 2018, 09:09:13 PM
Congrats valmy. 

Shame you'll end up losing to Vegas though :P

Worth it. Zero shits given.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on May 07, 2018, 11:58:25 PM
Quote from: HVC on May 07, 2018, 09:09:13 PM
Congrats valmy. 

Shame you'll end up losing to Vegas though :P

Worth it. Zero shits given.

:cheers:

Valmy

Man the air just seems a bit fresher. Colors seem a bit more vibrant. The sun seems a bit warmer. The world is magical and full of joy now that the vile Pens have been vanquished.

However tonight it is the time for the Jets to put Canada back into the conference finals.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 09, 2018, 06:45:46 PM
Man the air just seems a bit fresher. Colors seem a bit more vibrant. The sun seems a bit warmer. The world is magical and full of joy now that the vile Pens have been vanquished.

However tonight it is the time for the Jets to put Canada back into the conference finals.

:secret: Tomorrow is the night...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Yeah I realized that when I got home last night and went online to see how the game was going  :P

I hope the Jets win tonight!

Barrister

I'm feeling the tension.  This may be the biggest hockey game in Winnipeg history since the 1970s.

Barrister

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

8 wins down, 8 to go. :ph34r:

#GoJetsGo

Barrister

By the way, serious props to Nashville.  During the handshake line, they played the Top Gun theme quietly in the background.

So fucking pumped to take on Vegas!

By the way, I can't wait for the annual bumping of the "See I Told You So" thread. :ph34r:

Valmy

The mountain gets a bit steeper at this point.

May the hockey gods save us from a Vegas-Tampa Stanley Cup Finals.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 11, 2018, 12:02:26 AM
The mountain gets a bit steeper at this point.

May the hockey gods save us from a Vegas-Tampa Stanley Cup Finals.

Let me say I am NOT TAKING VEGAS LIGHTLY!  I discounted them all year, but no longer.

But that being said I was more afraid of Nashville than I was Vegas (though I am afraid).  I am by no means just sitting quietly and expecting the Jets to move on.

I don't know if you remember this V, but back in either 2012, or maybe 2013, the Jets were close to the playoff line... but they had back-to-back games against the Caps late in the season (with the Caps being division rivals).  Win both, and the Jets were looking pretty.  Of course, the Caps win both and effectively end the Jets season.  I would like nothing more at this point than a Caps-Jets Cup final.

Grey Fox

The Western Final is a pretty nice set up. Win-win for me.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

I'm happy for BB and I'm happy for the Jets

But I will be bitter if this June's parade will be on Portage and Main and not Yonge.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 11, 2018, 12:14:55 AM

I don't know if you remember this V, but back in either 2012, or maybe 2013, the Jets were close to the playoff line... but they had back-to-back games against the Caps late in the season (with the Caps being division rivals).  Win both, and the Jets were looking pretty.  Of course, the Caps win both and effectively end the Jets season.  I would like nothing more at this point than a Caps-Jets Cup final.

Yeah but those were the regular season Caps, a totally different team than the post-season Caps.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 11, 2018, 09:28:11 AM
Quote from: Barrister on May 11, 2018, 12:14:55 AM

Yeah but those were the regular season Caps, a totally different team than the post-season Caps.

Well these are apparently a totally different post-season Caps team than in years past...

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 11, 2018, 10:36:56 AM
Well these are apparently a totally different post-season Caps team than in years past...

The jury is still out on that part  :ph34r: