And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 18, 2018, 10:04:24 AM
Hope you watched last night  :)

No. I had to watch Eller shooting a puck off himself for the winning goal on replay. It was still pretty awesome.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Gratz to Valmy's team for tying up the series 2-2.  You know, that's a series where I wouldn't mind either team going far - even though I don't like either's chances against the Penguins in the next round.

And sorry to HVC, Josephus, and the other Leafs fans. :console:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 19, 2018, 09:43:43 PM
even though I don't like either's chances against the Penguins in the next round.

Oh yeah. That should be fun.

'Hello again Caps!'

'Why has God chosen this obscene team to be his instrument?'

But they still reserve the right to lose in overtime in game 7 to the Blue Jackets first  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Valmy - you don't get to pull history on me, a Winnipeg Jets fan.  My team has not won a playoff series since '86-'87.  You know I was soooo happy a couple years ago when the Royals won the world series again after 31 years?  Well it has been that long since the Jets just won a single round.

And if you talk to Jets fans old-times...  they well remember the 89-90 first round where the Jets were up 3-1 against the hated Oilers... and still managed to lose the series.

We Jets fans still need a lot of therapy is what I'm saying...

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 19, 2018, 10:40:45 PM
Valmy - you don't get to pull history on me, a Winnipeg Jets fan.

This isn't about you man. This about the Caps and my endless and painful love for them and my petty hatred for their nemesis who always seem to be covered in glory while the Caps are covered in shit. And the Caps have blown two game playoff leads to the Pens FOUR times so...you know...I know a bit about blowing 3-1 leads. So let me have my fun man. I am well aware that other franchises just stink and not in a position to be tormented by a franchise like the Pens, I am a fan of a few of them. Being the Salieri to somebody's Mozart at least has some sick entertainment going for it.

Besides the Oilers' glory is a distant memory and they are not even in the playoffs to torment you, where as the Penguins glory is constant and eternal and lurk in the Caps way almost every year.

Final Edit: I should say that, of course, after the Caps put the Bluejackets in their place tonight a part of me was thinking 'yeah! They got these guys! It was clear the Caps were the better team even when they were losing in overtime. THEY ARE GOING TO WRECK THESE FOOLS and then oh yes momentum is building. THIS IS THE YEAR.'  It is sad. But it is why I keep watching. Hockey is great.

Barrister

Well Valmy - I would love perhaps nothing more than a Caps-Jets Cup final.  Revenge for those couple seasons my boys were in the SE division.  Laine vs Ovi.  And, well, Valmy vs BB.

Let's see if it might happen.  Go Capitals!

Valmy

That would be amazing  :w00t:

But let's not put the cart before the horse. Both your country and my team are cursed in the NHL playoffs these days.

Grey Fox

Nashville/SanJose - Pittsburgh/Boston is inevitable.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

The can still win three in a row!

:(
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on April 20, 2018, 09:23:07 AM

The can still win three in a row!

:(

Never say die.

But I've a feeling next week I'll be cheering the Jets.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on April 20, 2018, 05:40:35 PM

Did you ever think you would hear yourself saying that?

HVC

I'll switch to cheering for Vegas just because it's so weird.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 20, 2018, 05:48:00 PM
Quote from: Josephus on April 20, 2018, 05:40:35 PM

Did you ever think you would hear yourself saying that?

How about you CC - still plenty of room on the bandwagon. :)

Jets with a dominant 5-0 win move on to round 2. Winnipeg Police have shut down Portage & Main for the party. :cool:

Valmy

I will not be able to watch Game 5. That is a bummer.

Barrister

And Colorado just won game 5 to stretch their series against the Preds to a game 6... excellent...