News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuddhaRhubarb

Go Jets! as a former winnipegger who went to lots of Jets games in the 80's when they had a decent squad, and i'm old enough to recall their Avco cup days, and how all their best players went to more established nhl teams during the merger, I'd love for the Jets to bring the cup back to Canada. Also would love to see the Leafs win if that were to occur. a Winnipeg/Toronto final would have me actually watching every game, something i haven't done in a few years. is it unlikely? probs. but nostalgia is all i got hockey wise these daze.
:p

Barrister

6 1/2 hours to puck drop...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Barrister

Less than two...

Fuck it.  I'm heading home.  I have to file my taxes then I should be sitting on my couch wearing my jersey for puck drop.

crazy canuck

Good luck to your team BB.

This is the first time I have ever entered a hockey pool.  I took some Jets based on your optimism :D 

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 09, 2018, 11:49:00 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 09, 2018, 11:02:47 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 09, 2018, 12:23:35 AM
So... at the end of the regular season, the Nashville Predators win the Presidents Trophy for the most points in the regular season.

:weep:

I thought you, of all people here, would recognize the Presidents Trophy for being the poisoned chalice that it is.

What do you mean? It is the only Cup the Caps ever win :P. I wanted a three-peat!

It is not like there is much difference between their post-season performance with or without the President's Cup.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Does anybody have number for child protective services in Alberta, beeb is firing his kid to wear an Jets jersey :x
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on April 11, 2018, 08:22:18 PM
Does anybody have number for child protective services in Alberta, beeb is firing his kid to wear an Jets jersey :x

Hey, at the start of the season I take him to a pre-season game here in Edmonton.  We meet spot Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff, and I can't resist saying "hi".  Anyways - Timmy tells Cheveldayoff that the Jets are his favourite team. :contract:

Barrister

And I still don't know whether the Vegas Golden Knights should be considered a real threat for the cup or not. :unsure:

Grey Fox

Congrats on your first victory in forever, BB.

Vegas to the Conference final.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on April 10, 2018, 10:24:14 PM
It's time to plan the parade route!

EA Sports NHL 2018 Playoff Predictor has the Winnipeg Jets winning the Stanley Cup.

Yes, I know this is if anything a curse, not an accurate prediction.  But I still thought it was funny.
NO way jose.....it's yonge street or bust this time
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

QuoteRest of Canada 'super torn' whether to support Winnipeg or Toronto in NHL playoffs
18 HOURS AGO by LUKE GORDON FIELD

Photo Credit
OTTAWA – As the NHL playoffs get started, Canadian hockey fans whose teams did not make the playoffs are faced with the incredibly difficult decision of whether to go with the Jets or Maple Leafs as "Canada's team."

"Oh man, tough call," said Sens fan Keith Daugherty. "Do I go with the plucky upstarts from the city full of nice people, or the team representing the city I swore a blood oath to always despise?"

"Hopefully they don't meet in the finals or my loyalties will really be put to the test!"

From coast to coast Canadians are finding it almost impossible to decide. While many say it would be nice if Winnipeg, which has the best fans in the league despite losing their team for nearly 20 years, could win, they would also like to see Toronto, which looks down on them 365 days a year and has two other major sports franchises, win it all.

"I mean at the end of the day, who do I want to see happy: fans who would give their arm to see their team win, or fans who take their seats 10 minutes into each period," advised Edmonton resident Catherine Lawrence. "I just don't know."

One thing all long-suffering Canadian hockey fans can agree on however: if expansion franchise Las Vegas wins the Cup, we burn the entire NHL to the ground.

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2018/04/rest-canada-super-torn-whether-support-winnipeg-toronto-nhl-playoffs/

HVC

I want the Nordiques back.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on April 12, 2018, 10:34:55 AM
NO way jose.....it's yonge street or bust this time

So, uh... which way down Yonge Street does the parade go?