News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camerus

Yeah, but as a Leafs fan of my generation, I have rock bottom expectations.

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on April 18, 2017, 01:36:15 PM
Quote from: Josephus on April 18, 2017, 01:30:56 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 20, 2016, 12:00:58 AM
So sorry Leafs fans (are their any besides HVC?)  Jets vs Leafs, Jets give up a 4 goal lead, only to take it to OT and a win, with Patrik Laine scoring a hattrick and pulling even with Matthews in goals for the season.

So yeah, BB, how's that going for you these days?

That's the spirit, hold a grudge. hold it hard!

also, about time you showed up :P

So let's meet up during the Stanley Cup parade  up Yonge Street OK?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

So sorry Leafs fans (are their any besides HVC?)  Jets vs Leafs, Jets give up a 4 goal lead, only to take it to OT and a win, with Patrik Laine scoring a hattrick and pulling even with Matthews in goals for the season.

:huh:

Obviously disappointing the Jets aren't in these playoffs, but not sure why you'd drag up a post from one game six months ago...

Laine is still an exciting and dynamic young player and we're lucky to have him.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on April 18, 2017, 04:17:31 PM
Quote from: HVC on April 18, 2017, 01:36:15 PM

That's the spirit, hold a grudge. hold it hard!

also, about time you showed up :P

So let's meet up during the Stanley Cup parade  up Yonge Street OK?

Deal :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on April 18, 2017, 04:49:44 PM

:huh:

Obviously disappointing the Jets aren't in these playoffs, but not sure why you'd drag up a post from one game six months ago...

Laine is still an exciting and dynamic young player and we're lucky to have him.

I actually clicked on this thread, and that was the first that came up (I haven't been in this thread since october  :lol:).

But my point really was...meh....one game in regular season means nothing.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Camerus

C'mon... Leafs fans need to revel in small victories. Besides, there's no statute of limitations on talking smack.

Barrister

Sharks destroy the Oilers 7-0 tonight.

I'm kind of turned on?

:unsure:

PRC

Valmy

That pretty much shows my internal reaction every-time the regular season ends. Hockey is about to stop being fun real fast.

But because I am a delusional moron I feel like they have a chance tonight. I know. It is pathetic.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

some talking head I heard on tv last night was going on about how the Caps do so well in the regular season is because they have the easiest travel schedule. any truth to that?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on April 19, 2017, 02:39:05 PM
some talking head I heard on tv last night was going on about how the Caps do so well in the regular season is because they have the easiest travel schedule. any truth to that?

Might be something to that. Recently anyway. They have won the President's Trophy three times recently, including back to back, and with some of the highest point totals of the last several decades.

But it is not like them blowing playoff series against lower seeded teams is recent. That goes all the way back to the mid 1980s.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on April 19, 2017, 02:39:05 PM

I don't see why their travel schedule would be any easier than anyone else in the Metropolitan division.  But yes, that division must have the easiest travel in the league, with all those cities bunched up pretty close to each other.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on April 19, 2017, 02:09:51 PM
That pretty much shows my internal reaction every-time the regular season ends. Hockey is about to stop being fun real fast.

But because I am a delusional moron I feel like they have a chance tonight. I know. It is pathetic.
Try another team.  I don't know, root for the Rangers :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

Quote from: viper37 on April 19, 2017, 04:49:30 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 19, 2017, 02:09:51 PM

I thought you wanted Montreal to lose? :P

viper37

Quote from: HVC on April 19, 2017, 05:39:35 PM

I thought you wanted Montreal to lose? :P
[/quote]
lolz :D

It's Valmy's fault if Washington crumbles in the series, I should have known! :P

On another subject, that kind of scenes always makes me feel all weird:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UryV6sLhzhU

It's like, all suddenly, I feel totally Canadian.  Super weird :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.