And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 19, 2017, 07:57:52 PM
Quote from: Delirium on February 19, 2017, 04:46:29 PM
Odds of the Wings making it to the playoffs for the 122 year in a row?

According to sportsclubstats.com, they have a 0.8% chance of making it.

Right, I watched them against Pittsburgh, and I declare that Detroit will actually make it this year. Their goalie is really spectacular, Zetterberg leads the way, Ott is a bastard and there is a new desperation to the team. You heard it from me first.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Brezel

Quote from: Delirium on February 21, 2017, 10:06:47 AM

Right, I watched them against Pittsburgh, and I declare that Detroit will actually make it this year. Their goalie is really spectacular, Zetterberg leads the way, Ott is a bastard and there is a new desperation to the team. You heard it from me first.

Ugh, Detroit needs like 40 points in remaining 23 games to make it. They have a relatively easy schedule but it's not going to happen. Too weak on defense.

Barrister

The same site gives the Jets a 13.1% chance of making it.  Pretty tough, but not impossible.  The Jets have looked fantastic though the last three games, so there's still some hope.

Hurts to lose Trouba for 2 games though.  Ah well should be a good one tonight - Laine vs Matthews, the re-match.  :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

looks like the leafs face Washington. so sorry valmy, but I hoe they keep their choke streak alive.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on April 09, 2017, 08:16:59 PM
looks like the leafs face Washington. so sorry valmy, but I hoe they keep their choke streak alive.

Never! THIS IS THEIR YEAR!

I mean the President's Trophy winner always wins the Stanley Cup! Right?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

I don't know about the Stanley Cup, but I really struggle to imagine the Leafs beating the Caps in a 7 game series.

I was watching the Ducks-Kings game last night - if the Kings could have won in regulation it would have been a Calgary-Edmonton series.  But it was not to be. :(  Oilers-Sharks should be entereating - Flames-Ducks probably not so much.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Good matchup all around. There is a real possibilities of 5 Canadian teams in the 2nd round.

I have no faith in Washington winning even 1 round.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Never say never, but it's a young team, and while talented the playoffs are a totally different animal. As long as they put up a fight against Washington I'll be pleased.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 10, 2017, 11:59:17 AM
I don't know about the Stanley Cup, but I really struggle to imagine the Leafs beating the Caps in a 7 game series.

The Caps have a magical regular season and then get humiliated by some weak Canadian team in the first round? IMPOSSIBLE!!!111

In my world 2010 is just a big empty hole in the calendar.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

A 2010, the year of all hope.

Ed Anger

Hopefully some Bluejacket player will cripple whiny boy Sidney Crosby.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 10, 2017, 08:13:45 PM
Hopefully some Bluejacket player will cripple whiny boy Sidney Crosby.
Fuck you!

The Pens will walk over Columbus, even without Letang.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ed Anger

Somebody is overly attached to dirty whiny players.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 11, 2017, 07:47:09 PM
Somebody is overly attached to dirty whiny players.

It's a Quebec thing. If you're not a Montreal fan you have to be a penguins fan. Ontarios contrarian fan team is Montreal.

Grey Fox

Atleast it's not the Bruins.

Eastern Quebec thinks Sid is theirs because he played Junior there.