News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Heh, so my Timmy has become hockey mad.  It's all he wants to play, everything he wants for Christmas is hockey-related.  And of course since I try to watch as many Jets games as I can, he watches a lot of Jets games.

My cousin Paul does the radio play-by-play for the Jets, and they're coming to town on Sunday.  I tried to see if he could sneak us is so Tim could get an autograph or two, but he said there wouldn't be any time because the team plays in Calgary the night before and will get in very late.

But he did just now text me a picture of a Winnipeg Jets puck autographed by rookie sensation Patrik Laine.  I'll pick it up for Tim on Sunday. Tim will be super impressedI'm sure. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

The Future is bright. (for Tim)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on December 08, 2016, 02:25:20 PM

But he did just now text me a picture of a Winnipeg Jets puck autographed by rookie sensation Patrik Laine.  I'll pick it up for Tim on Sunday. Tim will be super impressedI'm sure. :)
great gift!

I once had a t-shirt autografed by Stéphane Fiset and a puck by Joe Sacick :)
Lost the puck somewhere, sometime, unfortunately :(
The t-shirt is also long gone. :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on December 12, 2016, 12:32:45 PM
Nice goal by laine, BB :P

:mad:

They showed a couple shots of him sitting on the bench - he looked just devastated.  Poor kid.

I did pick up Tim's Laine puck yesterday though.  :)

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on December 12, 2016, 12:34:44 PM

They showed a couple shots of him sitting on the bench - he looked just devastated.  Poor kid.

I,liked the captain consoling him. It's just a game after all :)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on December 12, 2016, 12:35:51 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 12, 2016, 12:34:44 PM

I,liked the captain consoling him. It's just a game after all :)

I don't think it was so much a consoling thing, as a "now just go out there and get one back for us" kind of thing.  Yeah Wheeler seems like a pretty decent captain.

And when I see how our old captain, Ladd, is doing on Long Island I'm pretty glad we traded him. :)

Barrister

So the Florida Panthers just took yet another strange twist.

A few weeks after firing their head coach and leaving him on the curb in Raleigh, NC, and after various off-uce shake-ups in who is responsible for what, it has now been announced that Panthers owner Vinnie Viola will be Trump's new Secretary of the Army.  :huh:

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on December 19, 2016, 04:20:20 PM
So the Florida Panthers just took yet another strange twist.

A few weeks after firing their head coach and leaving him on the curb in Raleigh, NC, and after various off-uce shake-ups in who is responsible for what, it has now been announced that Panthers owner Vinnie Viola will be Trump's new Secretary of the Army.  :huh:

Our army is going to lose in the first round of so many Stanley Cup playoffs we will not even believe it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Delirium

I watched the Jets vs Avalanche on Sunday. Winnipeg played a decent enough game, I like Wheeler, Little and Scheiliffe (sp?). Laine has a good shot.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Barrister

Quote from: Delirium on December 20, 2016, 03:21:20 AM
I watched the Jets vs Avalanche on Sunday. Winnipeg played a decent enough game, I like Wheeler, Little and Scheiliffe (sp?). Laine has a good shot.

Most teams look good when playing the 30th place team in the league. ;)  But yeah, I have the feeling this team could be really good if they can put everything together...

Barrister

So little Timmy, when asked, would says his favourite team is Winnipeg.  As a result he's getting a Winnipeg jersey for Christmas.

If you ask him, his second favourite team is Toronto.  Why Toronto?  Because the little boy that comes to our house after school (and is in grade 3, so he's very cool to a grade 1 kid) likes Toronto.

But yesterday in school was "jersey day" - kids were encouraged to wear a sports jersey to school.  Timmy wore his Timbits hockey jersey.  But this being Edmonton, lots and lots of kids wore Edmonton Oilers jerseys.

So after school, he comes up to me and says "you know, I think my new favourite team is Edmonton.  Do you think I could get an Edmonton jersey some day"?

:frusty:

I mean - I don't care, he can cheer for any team he wants to.  But it's 3 days before Christmas - I sure hope he's not disappointed in getting a Winnipeg jersey (and a signed Laine puck, and I think an aunty is getting him a Jets blanket for his bed).

And as for the Jets themselves, after a nice showing on the weekend, they stunk up the joint against a not-very-good Canucks on Tuesday.  And weirdly, they stay in Vancouver and play the Canucks again tonight.  Hopefully we get a better showing.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on December 22, 2016, 01:40:37 PM
I mean - I don't care, he can cheer for any team he wants to.

Except the Penguins. If he ever announces his love for the Pens I demand immediate and fierce intervention.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

The Penguins are A-Ok. They are lead by the ultimate Good Ol' Canadian boy.

The Bruins on the other hand.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sophie Scholl

I've been considering switching my allegiances to the Jackets.  Tonight's victory over the Pens was fun. :menace:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."