News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on June 29, 2016, 05:08:05 PM
I don't understand that move - why clear out Subban?
Toxic presence in the player's room.
Individualistic player.
Lots of errors that could be forgiven for a rookie, but he keeps making them year after year after year, game after game.
Weber is 7.8M$ until 2025-2026, Subban is 9M$, that gives 1.2M$ room under the salary cap.

He is a very talented player, but he often runs on ice like an headless chicken.

Also - Stamkos re-ups with the Lightning, and not Toronto.
No surprise there.  The Lightning said they wanted to keep him.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Habs win, Leafs lose.  So far, the Habs, with a nearly full team, has managed to defeat two of last year's worst teams in the pre-season games.  Fans are already preparing for the Stanley Cup parade.

In other news, EA Sports, with NHL 2017, has predicted a Stanley cups finale with the Predators and the Canadiens, with the Preds winning.  While I see the Predators going far this year, I'm not sure we'll see them against the Habs.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Eastern Quebec Habs fans must be so optimistic for you to say that. Around here, it's the same old pessimism of having Therrien has the coach.

Pekka Rinne ain't carying any team to the Stanley Cup final.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

He's still angry that the nordiques are gone.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on October 07, 2016, 11:23:13 AM

Not sure why he takes it out on the Habs.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on October 07, 2016, 11:29:19 AM
Quote from: HVC on October 07, 2016, 11:23:13 AM

Not sure why he takes it out on the Habs.

Not francophone enough :(

:P . Actually don't know why I was pretty young when the nordiques left, but I assume there was a big rivalry. They actually used to be my second favorite team, but mainly because of NHL 94 :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Grey Fox

There is a Quebec vs Montreal rivalry. It applies to all spheres of life.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

So they're the Toronto of Quebec?

katmai

My boy Scott Gomez retired this offseason after a nice career. He is starting up as analyst for the NHL network.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 07, 2016, 11:21:10 AM
Eastern QuebecHabs fans must be so optimistic for you to say that.
corrected ;)

viper37

Quote from: HVC on October 07, 2016, 11:45:18 AM
So they're the Toronto of Quebec?
Yes, but snobbier and eviler.

Barrister

Took Timmy to the pre-season Jets vs Oilers game, wearing a snazzy new retro-Heritage Classic jersey.  Too bad the Jets got shelled 5-2.  That McDavid kid looks like he knows a thing or two about hockey.

Our new arena... looks pretty snazzy.  Their "true HD" jumbotron is something else.  Sitting in the upper bowl I think we were further up than in the old arena, but due to the steep pitch you're actually closer to the ice.  On the downside it felt like there were very few concessions on the upper level, and bathroom lines were pretty bad.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on October 07, 2016, 03:03:17 PM
Sitting in the upper bowl I think we were further up than in the old arena, but due to the steep pitch you're actually closer to the ice. 
seems similar to the Ottawa arena.  It's almost scary being in the top rows :)  But you have an excellent view.

viper37

Barrister

So Auston Matthews scores 4 goals for the Maple Leafs last night... and the Leafs still lose. :D

But on to more important news: It's the Season opener for YOUR Winnipeg Jets tonight.  And only 9 days away from me being in Winnipeg to see my first home Jets game in 20 years - and my first ever outdoor NHL game. :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.