News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dragon Age 2

Started by Scipio, March 07, 2011, 12:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: Valmy on March 09, 2011, 12:29:14 PM
Simplifying the gear is just bizarre in a swords and sorcery RPG.  It made sense in ME2 because Sci Fi is not about finding magical swords and legendary armor and so forth...but in DA?  Same with the leveling system.

WTH?  Awakenings was frustrating with the new and inferior dialog system and now this?

I kindof like the way they handle followers actually. It's pretty infuriating to give the Badass Sword of Slayage +15 to your trusted follower only to see him get script-removed 5 minutes later with no recovery of said item.

Valmy

Quote from: Slargos on March 09, 2011, 03:44:24 PM
I kindof like the way they handle followers actually. It's pretty infuriating to give the Badass Sword of Slayage +15 to your trusted follower only to see him get script-removed 5 minutes later with no recovery of said item.

So the solution is to dump follower inventories entirely?  Why not just not script remove people...or have them leave behind their stuff when they go?

That seems like a very dramatic and ridiculous fix to a very minor and rare problem.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Slargos

Quote from: Valmy on March 09, 2011, 04:02:41 PM

So the solution is to dump follower inventories entirely?  Why not just not script remove people...or have them leave behind their stuff when they go?

That seems like a very dramatic and ridiculous fix to a very minor and rare problem.

I dunno. I like the baby-bathwater solutions.  :sleep:

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing BIG.  :hmm:

Scipio

I like it.  Mechanics are nice, story is compelling; sarcasm is available and omnipresent.  Sort of Joe Abercrombie's Dragon Age: Origins.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Legbiter

Just got into Kirkwall and discovered the joys of indentured servitude. Story's good so far.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

viper37

in DA1, you kept all of your people's inventory if they disapeared.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Legbiter

Hope there's an option to sink a blade in Gamlen at some point.

Norgy

I wish this thread was from 2010 as well, so Scips wouldn't have to be so disappointed to find out that the game was crap, even with lots of gear DLC, patching and three expansions.

viper37

Quote from: Norgy on March 10, 2011, 02:14:33 PM
I wish this thread was from 2010 as well, so Scips wouldn't have to be so disappointed to find out that the game was crap, even with lots of gear DLC, patching and three expansions.

Most of the items are a joke.  When it comes to armor, there's only one set of armor you can use since your characters don't have access to this.  Blood Dragon Armor is the only thing you need, and you need to have it in ME2 or DA1 to have it.

Weapons?  I ain't seen much that can be used in the beginning or isn't surpassed in the early stages of the game and some of them are restricted to your main character, or simply can't be used by another one.  The rogue in your party can't use a bow, only his crossbow.
A couple of rings&belts can be of used, and the Shield of Orlais, aside that, you can get better.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

Quote from: viper37 on March 10, 2011, 01:07:19 PM

People disapeared in DA1? :unsure:
I can only remember it being possible for Alistar to switch with whatshisface for the last battle.
██████
██████
██████

Legbiter

Just picked up the elven goth twink. Pure Grallon-bait.

Shade

Quote from: Tyr on March 10, 2011, 06:29:41 PM
Quote from: viper37 on March 10, 2011, 01:07:19 PM

I can only remember it being possible for Alistar to switch with whatshisface for the last battle.

You could lose the rouge(zenwhatever...)... Morrigan... and also I believe even the damn dwarf... Along with Alistar

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on March 09, 2011, 07:54:18 AM
Quote from: Caliga on March 08, 2011, 02:48:59 PM
+1.

Never actually finished DA and overall was extremely disappointed.  Will pass on DA2 unless I hear phenomenal things from you people.
+1

Agree on all of this except the part about getting DA2 just because languish types jizz their pants over it.

Yeah, I made that mistake with Oblivion.  There was some really weird uberfanboi on this board that talked about that game endlessly.  It was okay, but not that great.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on March 10, 2011, 06:29:41 PM
The people that accompanied you in your Origin story disapeared/died.
The people that accompanied you prior to your joining died/were killed.
And Allistair if you let Loghan live.

viper37

I find most of the levels in Kirkwall to be repetitive.  Well, I lack words, I think, 'cause repetitive really means all tunnels not only look alike but are exactly the same.

Same layout, same doors, etc.  All that changes are the characters populating the environment and the locations of chests/bags/crates.  I'm disapointed.

I'm starting the deep roads now.  I'm bringing the gay elf, the gay mage and the weird looking dwarf (mandatory).  I kinda like Isabella, I must admit.  Sad I can't use her for now.