And we're back!

Main Menu

Android Thread

Started by derspiess, March 06, 2011, 11:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Quote from: derspiess on April 10, 2014, 10:58:43 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on April 02, 2014, 10:23:49 PM
I decided to be cheap and use my upgrade tonight for a "free" LG G2 on Amazon.

That's a nice phone.  My coworker got one & it runs a lot better than my GS3.

After 2 months, I very much like the phone's form, screen, camera, etc. but the GPS sucks. :(

derspiess

I'm finally getting a Sprint LTE signal downtown.  Hope this is a rollout and not just testing.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Phillip V

I want Sprint and T-Mobile to merge, though the deal seems a bit pricey. The two alone are just too small. Even combined, they would still be smaller than AT&T or Verizon.

As for Android phones, I will consider the soon-to-be-released LG G3. Even with a 5.5-inch screen, it is still around the same size as a Galaxy S5. :o

derspiess

Quote from: Phillip V on June 09, 2014, 08:31:05 PM
I want Sprint and T-Mobile to merge, though the deal seems a bit pricey. The two alone are just too small. Even combined, they would still be smaller than AT&T or Verizon.

I'm trying to figure out how it will affect Sprint users.  All the T-Mobile customers I've known have been happy with their service, so I kind of feel bad for them.  About the only thing keeping me with Sprint is the unlimited data plan.  But they'll be my super-best-friends if they can blanket downtown Cincy with LTE and I can actually use my phone at a Reds or Bengals game.

QuoteAs for Android phones, I will consider the soon-to-be-released LG G3. Even with a 5.5-inch screen, it is still around the same size as a Galaxy S5. :o

I finally broke down and got a case for my S5.  The plastic back plate was easy to grip (the one on the S3 was slick and slipped out of your hand easily) and I really liked the thin form factor.  But I figured I was playing with fire, so I got an Otterbox Commuter case for it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Optimus G Pro is still going strong.  This is the first phone that I've had where I didn't/haven't almost immediately started thinking about what's screwed up about it and how long until I can upgrade.

Phillip V

Quote from: Phillip V on June 09, 2014, 08:31:05 PM

As for Android phones, I will consider the soon-to-be-released LG G3. Even with a 5.5-inch screen, it is still around the same size as a Galaxy S5. :o
Ordered a gold LG G3 yesterday.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Liep

Who invented the word 'wearables' for smartwatches? Not easy to pronounce. :angry:

At any rate, the LG G Watch R looks pretty nice.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

Anyone have Lollipop yet?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Caliga on November 17, 2014, 09:58:36 PM
Anyone have Lollipop yet?

I got an update soon after it was released, got all excited, but it turned out to be some other shit AT&T and LG pushed out for the G3.  Blah.

Caliga

Hah, I got that update for my S4 too.  Lollipop definitely isn't available yet for the S4 from AT&T.

It is however available for Google devices and I have a Nexus 10.  I'm just not one of the lucky few who have gotten the OTA update yet.

derspiess

I haven't installed it on my Nexus 7 (haven't even checked) but I heard there have been issues.  Apparently won't be ready for my GS5 until January unless there's a leaked ROM.

Caliga

Lollipop for my Nexus 10 downloading OTA right now.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on November 20, 2014, 03:10:41 PM
Lollipop for my Nexus 10 downloading OTA right now.

I checked my Nexus 7 this morning and nothing.  But I can't see anything about Lollipop that I *have* to have for it.  If performance is the same or better I'll be happy, though.

Neil

My old Atrix died after a long, happy life.  I got one of those Samsung Galaxy Alphas to replace it.  Seems fine.  Not too huge, although a little bigger than I'm used to.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.