News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Android Thread

Started by derspiess, March 06, 2011, 11:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Any of you guys have any experience with the cheap Android tablets out there? I want to buy one for my kid so I can have my cellphone back but other then a Nexus 7 I have no good feelings for those things.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Liep on September 04, 2013, 02:59:14 PM
The Samsung smartwatch doesn't look very smart. Clunky menus, it looked slow and it's not really very good looking.

I don't think I'll ever get a smartwatch, but I did say that about smartphones, too...
I don't understand why anyone needs a watch at all anymore, except maybe purely as a fashion accessory. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on September 30, 2013, 09:01:23 AM
The Samsung smartwatch doesn't look very smart. Clunky menus, it looked slow and it's not really very good looking.

I don't think I'll ever get a smartwatch, but I did say that about smartphones, too...
I don't understand why anyone needs a watch at all anymore, except maybe purely as a fashion accessory. :hmm:

Perhaps to tell the time ? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Flicking your wrist is just too hard nowadays.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

Quote from: Caliga on September 30, 2013, 09:01:23 AM

I love watches. Plus, I keep my phone in my pocket so it's easier to tell the time with a watch if someone asks.

Plus you can observe it during meetings without looking like you're not paying attention.
and the horse you rode in on

Caliga

Caliga

Quote from: fhdz on September 30, 2013, 07:52:18 PM
I love watches. Plus, I keep my phone in my pocket so it's easier to tell the time with a watch if someone asks.

Plus you can observe it during meetings without looking like you're not paying attention.
My CEO doesn't pay attention in meetings, so why should I? :hmm:

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Caliga on September 30, 2013, 09:01:23 AMI don't understand why anyone needs a watch at all anymore, except maybe purely as a fashion accessory. :hmm:

So you're not that toolshed who has to pull out his phone when he wants to know what time it is.  :) 

fhdz

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 17, 2013, 04:15:02 PM
Quote from: Caliga on September 30, 2013, 09:01:23 AMI don't understand why anyone needs a watch at all anymore, except maybe purely as a fashion accessory. :hmm:

So you're not that toolshed who has to pull out his phone when he wants to know what time it is.  :)

:thumbsup:
and the horse you rode in on

MadBurgerMaker

I went and got myself an optimus g pro last night. Seems pretty awesome so far.  Especially for a dollar. Heh.

MadBurgerMaker

Wow.  When this phone sleeps, it sleeps.  Really interesting that it can be at 99% battery after 7 hours off the charger (not being used, obviously).  Rebooted it and everything to make sure that was accurate.  I expect it will plummet a bit when I leave work today and use it all the way home though.

Caliga

AT&T pushed KitKat out to my Galaxy S4 today.

Grey Fox

It will change..........your battery life.

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 27, 2014, 01:05:25 PM
It will change..........your battery life.
For the better or worse? :hmm:

I've had KitKat on my Nexus 10 since November but of course you can't compare that to a smartphone in terms of battery usage.

Grey Fox

On my nexus 4 it went worse but I found that removing my battery manager improved thing significantly.