News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Android Thread

Started by derspiess, March 06, 2011, 11:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

I got tired of how slow the rooted Nook was, and I had a Costco gift card (I guess they lowered the price on the TV I recently bought) + some of those AMEX gift cards from somewhere, so I went and picked up a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.  Couldn't justify the extra $$ for the Note, since I'm only using it for light internet browsing and reading, etc, but hey it works really well for that and only cost me $160 out of pocket.   :) 

Is SwiftKey Tablet any good?  I have it for my phone, but I guess that version isn't optimized for tablets.  It does look kinda small.

Phillip V

I am planning to buy a Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE (has physical keyboard) this month on eBay for my return to the States and the Sprint network. Hopefully, Sprint ramps up their expansion of 4G LTE and 3G improvements.

Unfortunately, there are no Sprint phones yet that support future LTE on the 800MHz and 2.6GHz bands. It also sucks that Sprint+Verizon phones have no removable SIM cards for if I later work overseas.

fhdz

4G is such an enormous waste of battery life.
and the horse you rode in on

Phillip V

My phone is hardly ever disconnected from a power source (usually have a charger in my car, in my pocket, etc), so battery life has never been an issue.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Phillip V on April 03, 2013, 01:39:40 AM
I am planning to buy a Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE (has physical keyboard) this month on eBay for my return to the States and the Sprint network. Hopefully, Sprint ramps up their expansion of 4G LTE and 3G improvements.

Unfortunately, there are no Sprint phones yet that support future LTE on the 800MHz and 2.6GHz bands. It also sucks that Sprint+Verizon phones have no removable SIM cards for if I later work overseas.

I was under the impression that a couple of Verizon's phones were hybrid GSM/TDMA for exactly that reason. :unsure:
Experience bij!

fhdz

Quote from: Phillip V on April 03, 2013, 03:42:15 PM
My phone is hardly ever disconnected from a power source (usually have a charger in my car, in my pocket, etc), so battery life has never been an issue.

So it's a land line, then. :D

Grey Fox

Got a Nexus 4 to replace my Liquid E. I've been told Android 4.x will blow my mind over 2.2, I have no doubt it will.

This being Canada, it of course came with a 2 year contract & 40$/month plan.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

4.x Android was better, but far from mind blowingly better.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grey Fox

Quote from: Liep on April 24, 2013, 02:35:41 PM
4.x Android was better, but far from mind blowingly better.

You say that but You have no idea how crappy an Acer Liquid E is.

I thought I knew but I didn't, really didn't.

viper37

I've been offered HTC One for free, are they good?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Phillip V

Quote from: viper37 on April 29, 2013, 04:34:56 PM
Headlines of reviews seem good.

I am waiting for a new high-end model that has physical keyboard and supports multiple bands of LTE.

katmai

YEah i think it's getting better press than the Galaxy IV
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

fhdz

Quote from: viper37 on April 29, 2013, 04:34:56 PM

Some excellent reviews out there.

Grey Fox

Scratched my phone screen pretty good

:(

Phillip V