And we're back!

Main Menu

Android Thread

Started by derspiess, March 06, 2011, 11:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Caliga on September 30, 2013, 09:01:23 AM
except maybe purely as a fashion accessory. :hmm:
did you really think a 6000$ watch gave you more reliable time?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Do you know of a way, on Android, to share my e-mail contacts from Thunderbird to all my company's cellphones (Android)?  And only part of the contacts, pre-categorized in TB, and keeping these categories?  I want the office contacts to be shared, but I'd like to avoid sharing my personal contacts too and have them only on my phone.

Thanks.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

So I got a Samsung-3 tablet the other day.

Looked at it long and hard. Can't figure out what to do with it.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

You can now play Solitaire on your couch. REVOLUTIONARY.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: Josephus on March 05, 2014, 05:47:37 PM
So I got a Samsung-3 tablet the other day.

Looked at it long and hard. Can't figure out what to do with it.

I use my Asus Android tablet mostly for reading comics I've downloaded.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Woo, my chromebook is here.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

Congratulations, now you can surf and stuff.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grey Fox

Quote from: Liep on March 12, 2014, 03:33:06 PM
Congratulations, now you can surf and stuff.

in my kitchen without using a piss poor mobile version.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

I have to wait until Tuesday to pre-order it, but I'll be getting the Galaxy S5 when it comes out April 11.  Doesn't look like a huge update over the S4, but it's nice to have my "upgrade date" coincide with a new release for once.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on October 17, 2013, 04:11:26 PM
Quote from: mongers on September 30, 2013, 02:18:18 PM
Perhaps to tell the time ? :unsure:
Ok, grandpa.

One of my watches is 5-6 years old, battery will last probably 10 years, it's 18 grams and waterproof and unlike a mobile phone because it's attached to you, there's not much risk of dropping it.

Oh and it probably cost me about $12.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Phillip V

Quote from: derspiess on March 28, 2014, 04:02:22 PM
I have to wait until Tuesday to pre-order it, but I'll be getting the Galaxy S5 when it comes out April 11.  Doesn't look like a huge update over the S4, but it's nice to have my "upgrade date" coincide with a new release for once.
Still with Sprint? I am more pleased now with its 4G and 3G improvements.

derspiess

Quote from: Phillip V on March 30, 2014, 02:33:38 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 28, 2014, 04:02:22 PM
Still with Sprint? I am more pleased now with its 4G and 3G improvements.

Yeah, I'm still a sucker for their unlimited plan.  They're still slow in rolling out 4G to all of my area, but at least I get an LTE signal in some parts of town.  4G LTE speeds are pretty modest for now-- not quite what 4G WiMax was.  3G is still annoyingly slow in most parts of town (doesn't help that the damned phone shows 3G even when I'm connected to slower than dirt 1x).

My GS5: preordered from Amazon.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Phillip V

I decided to be cheap and use my upgrade tonight for a "free" LG G2 on Amazon.