News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Windows 11

Started by viper37, June 24, 2021, 10:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

My personal experience is that it takes too much time scanning files. I have it on a regular HDD and the first minutes after startup are so slow.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 29, 2021, 01:01:46 PM
My personal experience is that it takes too much time scanning files. I have it on a regular HDD and the first minutes after startup are so slow.

I'm still running 11 on the Dev Insider channel. Honestly, I haven't seen any of the bugs people have been complaining about, except one annoying one where, every so often, Windows decides to throw a tantrum in the middle of the restart, I get the "it looks like Windows didn't load properly" screen, and I have to reboot a second time.
Experience bij!

Caliga

I've installed Windows 11.  No problems so far.  I've only tried out one game since upgrading (AC: Valhalla) and it works, though I had to reset my graphics settings and set my controller up again, which was a little annoying.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

viper37

Found Explorer patcher to freely move the taskbar around, and Start11 to make it easier to pin some items to the menu, and while I'm at it, change the colors, the texture and shape/form of the menu.  EP is more than enough for 99% of users and it's free.  I had already bought Start8 in the past and upgraded to Start11 for cheap at one point.

Manage to make something nice until I had to dismount the computer.

And it seems I destroyed the CPU on my on my other computer :cry: 
<sigh>
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.