And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 26, 2016, 04:53:08 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on January 26, 2016, 10:32:47 AM
So is The Revenant good enough to get "sick" midweek and go for an early afternoon lunch and movie date with The Wife?

Pretty violent and pretty gross (lots of dead animal carcasses).  I don't know girly CF is, but it might not be an optimal chick flick.

So between those facts and laziness,  we may not make it out of the house and just find something on demand. LOL
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Syt

Something I didn't know about American Psycho:

QuoteWhen speaking about the Academy Award winner's inspiration for the heartless Wall Street killer, the movie's director, Mary Harron, told BlackBook, "We talked about how Martian-like Patrick Bateman was, how he was looking at the world like somebody from another planet, watching what people did and trying to work out the right way to behave. And then one day, [Bale] called me and he had been watching Tom Cruise on [The Late Show With] David Letterman, and he just had this very intense friendliness with nothing behind the eyes, and he was really taken with this energy."
:lol: :ph34r:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: dps on January 26, 2016, 12:13:49 AM
I think you're missing his point.  This wasn't the British government supplying the Indians with weapons and encouraging them to attack American settlements;  this was private citizens trading guns with the Indians and not giving a shit what the Indians did with them as long as they got their pelts in return.

I get that.  But I doubt the treaty allowed private British citizens to supply arms.

celedhring

Watched the first couple eps of Luther, and it didn't really hook me. Does it get better? I just find the characters way too over the top. Elba is such a good actor that he can defend the character pretty well, but the main psycho chick is pretty silly.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

celedhring

http://www.avclub.com/article/today-yes-really-joseph-fiennes-play-michael-jacks-231308

Today in "yes, really": Joseph Fiennes to play Michael Jackson in 9/11 dramedy

:huh:

the network is developing a movie about an urban legend involving the late icons fleeing New York City together after the 9/11 attacks. Unable to fly out of the city, Taylor, Jackson, and Brando supposedly attempted to drive home to California from New York, but only made it as far as Ohio.

:huh: :huh:

Liep

I read it as Ralph Fiennes.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Liep on January 27, 2016, 09:57:00 PM
I read it as Ralph Fiennes.

He's not as desperate for work.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

LaCroix

Quote from: celedhring on January 27, 2016, 04:38:55 PM
Watched the first couple eps of Luther, and it didn't really hook me. Does it get better? I just find the characters way too over the top. Elba is such a good actor that he can defend the character pretty well, but the main psycho chick is pretty silly.

psycho chick was the main draw for me. I probably wouldn't have continued if not for her.

Tonitrus

"Ninotchka"

Greta Garbo does a grand job playing Ide's dream woman...the perfect communist fembot.  :)

The Brain

"There will be fewer, but better, Russians."
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Saw the first couple episodes of Colony. Pretty interesting, though they've been coy with the aliens so far. If they turn out to be some government conspiracy to control people I will be very disappointed.

11B4V

Watched Breaking Bad again. What a superb show even on the second run through.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on January 28, 2016, 08:47:12 PM
Watched Breaking Bad again. What a superb show even on the second run through.

I thought the first season episodes I caught were kind of draggy but really enjoyed the second season episodes I caught.

The nice looking junkie squeeze probably helped.

When is someone going to start re-airing The Wire?

Eddie Teach