Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on April 12, 2015, 10:59:48 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 12, 2015, 10:49:31 PM
Question about Marvel's Daredevil tv show, after watching the first episode:

The legal procedural aspect of the show had me rolling my eyes.  It's not a criticism of the show, not at least for others, but a side effect of being a Crown had made legal thrillers unwatcheable to me.

However, the rest of the show showed promise.  I generally like what Marvel has done in tv/movies.

So here's my question fo those that have gone further: is this more of a legal procedural with a side of superheroes, or a superhero show with a side of legal procedural?

Very little legal procedural in rest of show.
much more ass kicking of russian, japanese and other nationalities gangsters :P

:thumbsup:

I'll keep watching then.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sophie Scholl

Just finished season 4 of The Wire.  Damn.  That is one depressing show.  Makes Game of Thrones look happy and fairy tale-esque. :(
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Martinus

It looks like the writers of Game of Thrones were determined to use the season premiere to silence all accusations of sexism by showing us only male bare arse. :D

Martinus

Ok, so question. I have HBO GO access and it is only showing the first episode (obviously).

But the not-so-legal streaming site I use to watch shows that are not legally available in Poland already has the first 4 episodes that apparently got leaked.

Do I wait for HBO GO or watch all of them now?  :hmm:

Eddie Teach

If you watch them now, you still have to wait a month for episode five.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 13, 2015, 12:26:58 AM
If you watch them now, you still have to wait a month for episode five.

Yes that's my dilemma.

Admiral Yi

It's like the psychology experiment in that rom-com with that dude and that chick.

katmai

Go watch them, and then i can Ban you for month so you don't spoil it for rest of us. :)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Martinus

Quote from: katmai on April 13, 2015, 01:37:57 AM
Go watch them, and then i can Ban you for month so you don't spoil it for rest of us. :)

It's a trap.

The Larch

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on April 12, 2015, 11:55:18 PM
Just finished season 4 of The Wire.  Damn.  That is one depressing show.  Makes Game of Thrones look happy and fairy tale-esque. :(

The 4th season is particulary hard as it focuses on the kids and their rather bleak lives. Very chilling.

The 5th season, sadly, is generally considered to be slightly below the rest in terms of quality.

celedhring

They lost the plot in the 5th season imho. Still has its share of very powerful moments.

Liep

Veep is better than ever.

The speech scene was a thing of beauty. So extraordinarily cringe worthy.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Next must-see television is: The Queen's 75th birthday on Thursday. Live transmission from Copenhagen 08:30-21:30.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on April 13, 2015, 07:27:55 AM
Next must-see television is: The Queen's 75th birthday on Thursday. Live transmission from Copenhagen 08:30-21:30.

13 hours of a 75 year old eating birthday cake sounds fun.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Big plot spoilers in the last Terminator trailer. At least now I know there's no chance of me going to see this.  :bleeding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGSxss7gWak

[spoiler]So the big bad is cyborg John Connor. Seriously?[/spoiler]