Eddie Teach

Iron Man
Avengers
Thor
Iron Man 2
Cap
Hulk
Iron Man 3

Based on hazy recollections and arbitrary judgments. All of these movies are in the 5-7.5 range.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: frunk on April 07, 2014, 10:38:56 AM
Of the ones I've seen:

Avengers
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Thor
Cap
Iron Man 3
Hulk

Much better.
I think I'd go with-

Iron Man
Avengers
Captain America (purely for the first half)
Iron Man 2
Thor (a few awesome scenes but too much space based hippy fantasy stuff)
Iron Man 3 (what were they thinking)

I hadn't realised how subpar a track record there was until I came to think about it. Iron Man and Avengers are the only two that I would really class as good.
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

TV batman beats them all. None of the modern so-called superheros can dance the Batusi.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on April 07, 2014, 10:36:54 AM
Thor top? :blink:
That's one of the poorer efforts for me.

All their movies are very uneven so don't take it as a claim that Thor is a great film. I just find it the most enjoyable, the comedy works superbly well although it's true that Loki is a shit villain (which then goes on to ruin Avengers).

Admiral Yi

Thor definitely has the prettiest protagonist.

Sheilbh

Of the ones I've seen and can remember:
Thor
Avengers
Iron Man

Oh :blush:
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

It seems to me that Marvel are pretty good at creating engaging protagonists (Cap, Thor, Tony Stark) but for some reason fail at creating compelling villains to oppose them, which makes the films work only in parts. Can anybody recall a good Marvel villain? The only memorable one I remember was The Mandarin [spoiler]and that's because he ends up not being the villain at all[/spoiler]. Compare it to Magneto in the X-Men films, Doc Oc in Spiderman 2, The Joker...

Admiral Yi

X-Men are from the Marvelverse.

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 07, 2014, 11:11:04 AM
X-Men are from the Marvelverse.

Was talking about Marvel the company, not Marvel the universe. The X-Men films are made by Fox.

Eddie Teach

Spider-man is too. Considering these characters were all made several decades ago, the difference is coincidental rather than meaningful.

Admiral Yi

But surely the villains are all drawn from the comics.

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 07, 2014, 11:13:46 AM

Doesn't matter, pretty sure a bad writer could write an awful Joker.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 07, 2014, 11:13:46 AM
Yeah. But all the Marvel villains could be compelling in the comics - but wouldn't necessarily work in the films.

I wonder if it's in part because outside comic-geekery a lot of the Avengers characters really aren't that well known, so they did a lot of work on them. They needed to make those characters known and good enough to sustain this whole universe of sequels and spin-offs. X-Men, Batman, Spiderman were already really famous.
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

The Incredible Hulk was really famous as well, due to the tv show.

Sheilbh

Yeah, totally forgot about him. But of the Avengers series he's the only one who was well known.
Let's bomb Russia!