And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 07, 2014, 12:29:00 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 03, 2014, 09:35:08 AM
Slapshot is much better movie in dubbed Canadian French than it's original English.

Fixed it for you :)
Even the French DVD had this track and not the French track I spotted once on TV.

Really, they bothered dubbing that?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

Ugh Ide...

How do you rank the MCU movies? I need to know before I decide how bad to rip into you tomorrow when I'm at work and on a real computer.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

I rank them all below 6/7 Batman movies.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 07, 2014, 08:35:06 AM
I rank them all below 6/7 Batman movies.

I'm of the opinion that the best Marvel films haven't been done by Marvel (Spiderman 1/2, a few of the X-Men - First Class particularly), despite Marvel doing a few good films itself.

Spiderman 2 is, to me, one of the best superhero films ever. Would rank it only below TDK, probably.

Eddie Teach

Toby Maguire over '89 Batman?  :wacko:

Queequeg

89 Batman has aged about as well as that peach I forgot deep in my backpack for 8 weeks in amy backpack in Middle School.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Eddie Teach

See, it even passes the Spellus test!  :P

celedhring

Nah, I agree that Burton's Batmans haven't aged gracefully. Batman Returns was always my favorite anyway.

Spiderman 3 soured a lot of people on Toby Maguire's Spiderman (and for good reason, it was stupidly horrible and horribly stupid), but the first two films are very good.

Sheilbh

First Batman's still the best! :ultra:
Let's bomb Russia!

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 07, 2014, 07:41:37 AM
Ugh Ide...

How do you rank the MCU movies? I need to know before I decide how bad to rip into you tomorrow when I'm at work and on a real computer.

Thor
Avengers
Iron Man
Thor 2
Iron Man 2
Cap
Hulk
Cap 2
Iron Man 3
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

celedhring

Iron Man 2 5th best?  :huh:

Above both Cap movies?

Mine:

Thor
Cap
Cap 2
Iron Man
Thor 2
Iron Man 3
Avengers
Iron Man 2
Hulk

Josquius

Thor top? :blink:
That's one of the poorer efforts for me.
██████
██████
██████

frunk

Of the ones I've seen:

Avengers
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Thor
Cap
Iron Man 3
Hulk

Liep

Avengers on top? And I'm the one on CdM's bad list. :yuk:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk