News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 17, 2014, 06:22:14 PM
To me the issue with Lena is that she has created this delusional world in which a fat homely girl is pursued by a never ending stream of normal looking or attractive men.  Also that she's fat and homely.

Fat chicks still get dick.  It's no delusion.  Greece has gotten laid by at least one person and probably two since I broke up with her, with me scoring zero so far.  And she was no Lena Dunham.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Fat chicks get dick from brothers and drunks.  That's not the reality presented in Girls.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on February 17, 2014, 07:41:47 PM
To me the issue with Lena is that she has created this delusional world in which a fat homely girl is pursued by a never ending stream of normal looking or attractive men.  Also that she's fat and homely.

Fat chicks still get dick.  It's no delusion.  Greece has gotten laid by at least one person and probably two since I broke up with her, with me scoring zero so far.  And she was no Lena Dunham.

You should have kept putting it in her Leonidas.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 17, 2014, 07:45:53 PM
Fat chicks get dick from brothers and drunks.  That's not the reality presented in Girls.

This.

Queequeg

Pretty much this. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 17, 2014, 07:47:12 PM

This.

I'm still trying to figure out who all of these guys are. From my memory, she's had:

The psychopath
Black republican (Donald Glover)
Gay guy she dated in college
Patrick Wilson (this one was a big stretch but it was nice to have one good looking opposite her)
Creepy weirdo who lives downstairs (I think she had him?)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Oh and I forgot kid working in pharmacy. Still not really that many guys and not that many that are particularly attractive.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

I think most people would consider Adam Driver attractive, especially considering his opposite number.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 17, 2014, 07:46:51 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on February 17, 2014, 07:41:47 PM

You should have kept putting it in her Leonidas.

I'm not really complaining.  It's a free country.  For now. :P

Quote from: CdMFat chicks get dick from brothers and drunks.  That's not the reality presented in Girls.

Nope.  Normal dudes.

Patrick Wilson's on that show?  Aw man, I love Patrick Wilson.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on February 17, 2014, 07:57:26 PM
I think most people would consider Adam Driver attractive, especially considering his opposite number.

Yes somehow many do. I don't see it at all.

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on February 17, 2014, 07:58:46 PM

One episode.

http://jezebel.com/5983437/what-kind-of-guy-does-a-girl-who-looks-like-lena-dunham-deserve

QuoteWhat Kind of Guy Does a Girl Who Looks Like Lena Dunham 'Deserve'?

Basically, nobody thought that it was remotely plausible that a successful doctor who looked like Patrick Wilson would be into a girl who looked like Lena Dunham. One writer at Entertainment Weekly went so far as to suggest that the tryst was not real, but that the whole thing was a dream, even though the writer recognized that "nothing in the series thus far would support the 'fantasy' reading of the episode—everything we've seen has always been rooted in reality. But didn't something seem off?"

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2014, 08:01:23 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on February 17, 2014, 07:57:26 PM

Yes somehow many do. I don't see it at all.

OUTER

SPACE!
Kinemalogue

Queequeg

He's in terrific shape, and an ex-Marine.  He's actually kind of a common crush among my female friends, tbh.  Not, like, Drake or something, but frequently mentioned in conversations on Girls. 

CountDeMoney

Basically, nobody thought that it was remotely plausible that a successful doctor who looked like Patrick Wilson would be into a girl who looked like Lena Dunham. One writer at Entertainment Weekly went so far as to suggest that the tryst was not real, but that the whole thing was a dream, even though the writer recognized that "nothing in the series thus far would support the 'fantasy' reading of the episode—everything we've seen has always been rooted in reality. But didn't something seem off?"

Yeah, and that's why it's called fiction.  We simply don't live in that kind of universe.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2014, 08:02:48 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on February 17, 2014, 07:58:46 PM

One episode.

http://jezebel.com/5983437/what-kind-of-guy-does-a-girl-who-looks-like-lena-dunham-deserve

That's kind of weird, because in no universe do I consider Patrick Wilson possessed of quintessential movie star good looks.  I mean, he was cast as Dan Dreiberg for a reason.  He's a 7, maybe an 8, tops, in real life.

And lots of decent-looking 40 year old doctors are with marginal women.

For the record, I think Lena Dunham is actually pretty decent looking, just not enormously hot.  She's got a decent face; and she's not straight-up fat even.  Maybe at one point in my life I would've thought so--even then I'd have just found her disappointing rather than legitimately revolting.  And, at any rate, look how well that worked out for me.  Well, you could, but the Languish archives got dumped.  I'd say she's a 5 for her age cohort, 6 for the whole female population.

So this is where we are.  Full protonic reversal.
Kinemalogue