News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Am I the only one who thinks World War Z looks atrocious?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Nope.  I've thought it looked shit-tastic since seeing the first trailer in theaters several months back.  The human wave-style zombies seem absurdly bad.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

Quote from: katmai on June 12, 2013, 12:47:46 AM

Negative.  I've seen the trailer approximately 8329 times, and I was bored after the first.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

Quote from: Habbaku on June 12, 2013, 12:53:12 AM
Nope.  I've thought it looked shit-tastic since seeing the first trailer in theaters several months back.  The human wave-style zombies seem absurdly bad.

Agreed. One of my friends mentioned, though, it's getting decent first reviews, despite the craptastic trailer.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

This looks interesting:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/v_tumane_2012/

QuoteWestern frontiers of the USSR, 1942. The region is under German occupation, and local partisans are fighting a brutal resistance campaign. A train is derailed not far from the village, where Sushenya, a rail worker, lives with his family. Innocent Sushenya is arrested with a group of saboteurs, but the German officer makes a decision not to hang him with the others and sets him free. Rumours of Sushenya's treason spread quickly, and partisans Burov and Voitik arrive from the forest to get revenge. As the partisans lead their victim through the forest, they are ambushed, and Sushenya finds himself one-to-one with his wounded enemy. Deep in an ancient forest, where there are neither friends nor enemies, and where the line between treason and heroism disappears, Sushenya is forced to make a moral choice under immoral circumstances
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ideologue

So, what happens?  He eat 'im?

You just reminded me, Syt, why won't they make a $200m Prokhorovka movie?  Wouldn't that be fucking great?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

Quote from: Ideologue on June 12, 2013, 01:10:24 AM
So, what happens?  He eat 'im?

You just reminded me, Syt, why won't they make a $200m Prokhorovka movie?  Wouldn't that be fucking great?

:lol: Showing the wrecking of the 5th Guards Tank Army, is well, not prudent comrade. Let alone Rotmistrov's idiocy. 
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Darth Wagtaros

No.  Can't imagine that being in any way entertaining.  Take out Brad Pitt and it would be a direct to video.
PDH!

Syt

So, James Gunn is directing Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy movie? :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

HVC

it looks really really bad, yes. the zombie waves just look horrible.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

katmai

Quote from: Syt on June 12, 2013, 06:46:07 AM
So, James Gunn is directing Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy movie? :lol:

Yeppers.

QuoteChris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Michael Rooker, Lee Pace, Ophelia Lovibond, Glenn Close, Karen Gillan and Benicio del Toro are set to star.

Syt

I wonder how they'll make Rocket Raccoon not look silly.

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

I hope they promote it as, "From the director of Tromeo & Juliet".
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Quote from: Syt on June 12, 2013, 07:11:10 AM
I wonder how they'll make Rocket Raccoon not look silly.

I'm not sure that is possible.