News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Oblivion, liked it. Some good twists for what I thought was a mostly predictable movie. Visually awesome, entertaining film.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Josephus

Heard that the networks have pulled the next in sequence episode of Hannibal due to the story involving children killing children. It's going to appear as a series of webisodes. The story arc will obviously suffer because of this.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/04/24/hannibal-pulled-episode-web-series/
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Bit delayed on the news aren't you?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on April 24, 2013, 09:50:15 PM
Heard that the networks have pulled the next in sequence episode of Hannibal due to the story involving children killing children. It's going to appear as a series of webisodes. The story arc will obviously suffer because of this.

Yeah, CdM already mentioned this, and we decided that this meant that the show was as good as cancelled.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

Probably too good a show for NBC anyway.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 24, 2013, 10:17:00 PM
Probably too good a show for NBC anyway.
I was actually pretty impressed.  There were times when I thought I was watching a cable show.  But yeah, it would naturally be better somewhere else, although not CBS (which only makes laugh-track comedies for old people), ABC (which only does soap operas) or Fox (which is just fucking ridiculous).
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Quote from: Neil on April 24, 2013, 10:14:06 PM
Quote from: Josephus on April 24, 2013, 09:50:15 PM

Yeah, CdM already mentioned this, and we decided that this meant that the show was as good as cancelled.

We did?

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

katmai

Considering it was at request of the Creator of show, sounds like you two are doofuses.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on April 24, 2013, 10:47:37 PM
Considering it was at request of the Creator of show, sounds like you two are doofuses.

Creator? Did he send a burning bush?  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on April 24, 2013, 09:52:59 PM
Bit delayed on the news aren't you?

oh....been a bit distracted lately. :blush:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: Neil on April 19, 2013, 08:37:22 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 19, 2013, 08:09:31 PM
What fucking bullshit.  You pussies.
LOL.  As good as cancelled.

Ah...by "we decided" you meant, "I decided." :D

Darth Wagtaros

The Black Hole seen where the zombified crew was revealed terrified me as a kid.
PDH!

mongers

Why did I waste 2 hours of my life last night watching 'Air Force One'.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on April 25, 2013, 06:53:56 PM
Why did I waste 2 hours of my life last night watching 'Air Force One'.  :hmm:

The acting is over the top, the script is infantile, the plot is predictable, and the storyline is about as realistic as getting a hand job from Queen Elizabeth...but it symbolizes everything about patriotic Hollywood:  big, loud and stupid in red, white and blue.