News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I've seen that before about several other days.
Kind of doubting this one too is fake since I remember that future being all nice and summery...but then it was California.
Too lazy to check one way or the other :P
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Unfortunately is fake. :(

According to Wiki:

QuoteThey arrive on October 21, 2015
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

There might be a difference from the dates shown at the end of BTF 1 and the beginning of 2...but I'd have to watch again to be sure.

Neil

Saw Django Unchained.  I really enjoyed this movie, although I felt it was a shame that they killed them two best characters in the movie with a half-hour left in the film.  That said, Jaime Foxx was good in the way that he can be, and Sam Jackson showed that playing joke roles and nonsense parts in bad movies hasn't rotted his skills.  Still, Waltz and DiCaprio stole the show.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Funny Face

How many creepy old Fred Astaires can you have chasing Audrey Hepburn?

Like the touristy shots of Paris though - I'll be doing the same. :cheers:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on January 05, 2013, 10:33:21 PM
Like the touristy shots of Paris though - I'll be doing the same. :cheers:

Just do your fellow Americans a favor, and don't drop your shorts for the first accent you come across, please.
Americans that are easy lays overseas are so embarrassing. 

garbon

Is this my first time overseas? :yeahright:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

All I'm saying is, think about America first.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on January 01, 2013, 01:24:20 PM
Finished watching the Harry Potter series and I gotta say I'm utterly satisfied with it. It is a rare series where each new film is better than the last. I haven't read the books, but it seems like J.K.Rowling has created a story kids can grow up on.
Yep. Me and most of my friends (male and female) grew up on the books and, to a far lesser extent, the films. It felt really sad when it all ended.

QuoteWatched Life of Pi, in 3D no less. It was very pretty at times, but it was trying too hard to be profound.
Sounds like the book then.

QuoteThe Fantastic Mr Fox- Now this thing is painful. Children should not be subjected to it.
It's a great film.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 05, 2013, 11:01:12 PM
All I'm saying is, think about America first.

Now why would I want to do that? :unsure:

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 05, 2013, 11:02:30 PM
Yep. Me and most of my friends (male and female) grew up on the books and, to a far lesser extent, the films. It felt really sad when it all ended.

Odd that. I felt aged out by about book 4.

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 05, 2013, 10:05:50 AM
Wooties, just scored awesome symphony seats for Alexander Nevsky next week at the BSO.

Battle across the ice.  :wub:

I always wanted to know what the hell those Tuetonic Knights were chanting as the charged to their watery doom - someone once told me it was, basically, nonsense in Latin.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Marie Antoinette

Going into it with a different mindset (having seen it back in theaters), it was actually kind of fun. :)

FunkMonk

Quote from: Neil on January 05, 2013, 06:17:07 PM
Saw Django Unchained.  I really enjoyed this movie, although I felt it was a shame that they killed them two best characters in the movie with a half-hour left in the film.  That said, Jaime Foxx was good in the way that he can be, and Sam Jackson showed that playing joke roles and nonsense parts in bad movies hasn't rotted his skills.  Still, Waltz and DiCaprio stole the show.

My feelings exactly. I did love the ending a lot too. Very satisfying movie overall. 
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

The last 30 minutes struck me as the worst. We all knew where it was heading and it took its sweet time getting there.