News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

If we keep it as at least having rewatched the full shows or a season as opposed to "I'm going to watch the Yojimbo episode of Mandalorian once again". Off the top of my head:

Twin Peaks
Monty Python Flying Circus
Band of Brothers
Jessica Jones
Leftovers
Babylon 5
Six Feet Under
Simpsons
Futurama
Community
X-Files
Arrested Development
Twilight Zone

Curiously, following Sheilbh, comedies are pretty overrepresented given the amount of comedy that I usually watch. I blame the pandemic though, I watched a bunch during that time...

Josquius

Yeah. The whole thing end to end virtually nothing bar comedies.
Maybe DS9? TNGish?
But there I think I might have already seen every episode just not in the proper order.
██████
██████
██████

Threviel

Hornblower
BoB
Fawlty Towers

Most other series have failed to catch me enough for a second viewing.

frunk

Angel
Babylon 5
Band of Brothers
Barney Miller
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Community
Farscape
Fawlty Towers
Firefly
Futurama
Monty Python Flying Circus
Newhart
Newsradio
Rick and Morty
Seinfeld
Simpsons
Star Trek TOS
Taskmaster
The Good Place
WKRP

Grey Fox

I rewatch Band of Brothers often.

My son is really, really into Star Wars therefore I rewatch those shows & movies with him when the mood strikes.

I watch reruns of French Canadian tv.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

Oh shit. Yeah I regularly re watch procedurals if they're on. Probably watched Prime Suspect multiple times :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

So I assume this means rewatching at least relatively recently.

Back in the day in the 80s with shows on syndication I'm sure I watched some of those shows multiple times through - Simpsons being most noteworthy.  Or I'm sure I watched WKRP through a couple times because it was on every day at 3:30 on some channel.

With the advent of DVDs and streaming?

Watched Babylon 5 twice.  Gone through Futurama a couple of times, then once more with my kids.  Watched a lot of The Simpsons yet again, but like most I don't find the more recent seasons as good.

I tried rewatching different Star Treks but I'm never motivated enough to finish them - there's always some clunkers.

And then since I saw it mentioned a few times - I think I've rewatched The Good Place a total of 3 times through.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Gups

Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Wire, The Sopranos - have rewatched each of these once or twice)

BCS, Succession - plan to rewatch in the future. BoB added to the list thanks to the reminders above. Marvellous Mrs Maisal also a possibility.

Comedies -  I'll re-watch but on an ad hoc basis.

celedhring

Heh, interesting how a lot of us have rewatched Band of Brothers, although I guess it makes sense given our collective interests.

It's a wonderful show, anyhow.

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 12, 2023, 06:56:13 AMThat's an interesting question I'd like to throw out to the general public.

What shows have you rewatched?  I've rewatched The Crown, Band of Brothers, and Downton Abbey.

The Sopranos. Space 1999.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 10, 2023, 04:44:11 PMI'm pretty sure if I had seen either I would find that hilarious.
Oh, come on!  :)  You need to be up to do date with your classics! :)
Point break is a must see.
Fast and Furious, the first one is date, but still ok if you like car chases.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 11, 2023, 11:32:36 AM
Quote from: Tamas on May 11, 2023, 05:08:48 AM
Quote from: Josquius on May 11, 2023, 03:30:53 AMIt has been forever and a day since I saw it but I do remember the first as a decent popcorn flick.

Exactly. It is most definitely not required viewing, but a decent turn-your-brain-off kind of flick, and at this point has historic interest as a franchise starter (a franchise on which I gave up about halfway through the second movie).

Compared to the sequels, a lot more of stunts, not just CGI.  :P Vin Diesel has a somewhat limited range, as an actor.  :P
He shines in the first Riddick movie, Pitch Black. :P

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 12, 2023, 06:56:13 AMThat's an interesting question I'd like to throw out to the general public.

What shows have you rewatched?  I've rewatched The Crown, Band of Brothers, and Downton Abbey.
TNG, DS9, Voyager, Babylon 5, Firefly, Stargate SG-1 and the movies, Star Wars the Clone Wars, Earth: Final Conflict.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: viper37 on May 12, 2023, 12:01:56 PM[
He shines in the first Riddick movie, Pitch Black. :P

It's a better idea to (re)watch the first Riddick movie than the Fast and the Furious, indeed.  :P

Gups

It's kind of surprising how there aren't many TV series on war. Aside from sitcoms I can only think of BoB and Pacific off the top of my head.