News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Second season of Occupied is out on Netflix.  It continues to be very good.

garbon

https://www.buzzfeed.com/krystieyandoli/allison-macks-keith-raniere?utm_term=.bcYX42b2pE#.rmexprarRN

QuoteAllison Mack, a 35-year-old actor best known for playing Chloe Sullivan on Smallville, is believed to have been part of a cult in which women were pressured into acting as sex slaves.

Keith Raniere was arrested on Sunday in Mexico for allegedly creating a master-slave cult within the facade of a self-help organization called NXIVM (pronounced "nex-e-um"). In a federal criminal complaint, authorities alleged he manipulated and entrapped women into "master-slave" sexual relationships, forcing them to follow strict diets and respond to his call at all hours of the night.

:o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

What I want to know is who names their cult after an acid reflux medication?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Watching American Crime Story season 2. Liking it quite a bit. It's campier and more over the top than the OJ season (and the OJ season wasn't short on those two aspects either), but somehow it clicks. It feels Almodóvar-lite at times, even (the whole "young man becomes obsessed with older artist to the point of murder" was one of his classic themes). Edgar Ramírez as Versace and the guy playing the murderer do a hell of a job.

Liep

The Handmaid's Tale ep. 1. Wow that's dark.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Quote from: Liep on March 31, 2018, 05:52:52 AM
The Handmaid's Tale ep. 1. Wow that's dark.

That show's fantastic. Comfortably my favorite of 2017.

KRonn

I saw the newest Star Wars: The Last Jedi. I liked it, good continuing of the story. I look forward to more as I like how the studio is putting out many of these with a new generation of characters while including the old generation story lines.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on March 30, 2018, 03:51:43 AM
https://www.buzzfeed.com/krystieyandoli/allison-macks-keith-raniere?utm_term=.bcYX42b2pE#.rmexprarRN

QuoteAllison Mack, a 35-year-old actor best known for playing Chloe Sullivan on Smallville, is believed to have been part of a cult in which women were pressured into acting as sex slaves.

Keith Raniere was arrested on Sunday in Mexico for allegedly creating a master-slave cult within the facade of a self-help organization called NXIVM (pronounced "nex-e-um"). In a federal criminal complaint, authorities alleged he manipulated and entrapped women into "master-slave" sexual relationships, forcing them to follow strict diets and respond to his call at all hours of the night.

:o

Kristen Kreuk was also in the cult for like 7 years.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Damn, Buzzfeed dropped the ball on that one.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

Saw ready player one. It was ok.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on April 01, 2018, 02:42:56 PM

:(

I was hoping for it to be great.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

Reactions in my circle of friends are the same, which in my case it's a good thing since the trailers looked godawful to me. Seeing it this week myself.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on April 01, 2018, 02:42:56 PM

Too much pop culture references maybe?  :P
I watched in a very new cinema, equipped with Dolby Cinema https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolby_Cinema so it was worth it. Pricey though if you don't have cinema pass or card.
Started really strong but lost some steam after a while.

HVC

Watched it in 3d with the rumbly chairs (forgot the actual term). It looked cool and the race scene had nice effects, but the overall story wasn't great and it slowed down significantly in the middle. Like  I said it was ok, but nothing to really get excited about. Maybe the nostalgia triggers was a bit before my time?