News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Malthus on October 10, 2017, 02:55:37 PM
Has anyone seen the new Blade Runner yet?

I don't have a vagina so seeing Ryan Gosling movies would seem a bit weird.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Brain on October 10, 2017, 03:57:37 PM

Sayeth the one who watched 50 Shades of Grey.  :P

Eddie Teach

I liked Blue Valentine.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

I don't either. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on October 10, 2017, 01:39:10 PM
I actually like this show. :blush:

When I was visiting home, my niece was watching it, so I was forced to.

I enjoyed it as well, and am not ashamed to admit it.  :sleep:

garbon

I'm not sure how I feel that I noticed while watching that the most recent episode of Outlander filmed at the University of Glasgow as a stand-in for Harvard.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Wonder Woman - decent. Can't say much more than that, but given the godawful preceeding DC films, it's a clear step up.

Admiral Yi

I was giving some thought to seeing Bladerunner, but the comments here, the poor box office, and fear of preserving my heterosexuality have changed my mind.

garbon

Dynasty has a reboot? But why?

Liep

The reviews for The Snowman are in and they're awful. I'm not surprised, I read a couple of Jo Nesbøs books this summer and were not impressed. The over the top depravity and countless ridiculous misdirects were tiring.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

There's a documentary on Nazi era German movies on the telly. Ilse Werner was HOTT. :licklips:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2017, 04:51:30 PM
I was going to ask if anyone here had seen it :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on October 12, 2017, 03:16:11 PM

I've now seen half and verdict is that it feels like a sanitized version - though I guess the original wasn't fun to start either.  Also, it is full of unexciting character actors like the guy from Revenge and a lame gay boyfriend from Empire.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on October 13, 2017, 12:08:20 PM
Quote from: viper37 on October 12, 2017, 03:16:11 PM

I've now seen half and verdict is that it feels like a sanitized version - though I guess the original wasn't fun to start either.  Also, it is full of unexciting character actors like the guy from Revenge and a lame gay boyfriend from Empire.
So, exactly like the original, plus a gay character.  I predict wonderful ratings in the US and in Quebec once it's translated. :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

I've never seen the original, except a clip where a wedding got shot up.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?