News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on August 29, 2022, 03:20:24 PMExcellent episode. People talking around fancy tables about political intrigue is what I crave.

Yeah it was good I just wish they made a series of one of the 458 cases when the exact same intrigue was playing out in real history.

Admiral Yi

Just started watching Kleo on NPR's recommendation.

Young woman with bad haircut, more interesting and likeable than hott, works as assassin for the Stasi just as the wall is coming down.

Likeable and interesting might be a German thing.  Like the chick in Run Lola Run/Bourne Identity.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 29, 2022, 08:15:23 PMJust started watching Kleo on NPR's recommendation.

Young woman with bad haircut, more interesting and likeable than hott, works as assassin for the Stasi just as the wall is coming down.

Likeable and interesting might be a German thing.  Like the chick in Run Lola Run/Bourne Identity.

I just started watching it tonight; rather enjoyable fun.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HVC

Quote from: Habbaku on August 29, 2022, 03:20:24 PMExcellent episode. People talking around fancy tables about political intrigue is what I crave.

It was good, as was most of the acting, but what accent was Dr who's second wife going for? At times she sounded like she was going for french, other times it sounded like she was trying to do Shae's accent.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: mongers on August 29, 2022, 09:02:28 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 29, 2022, 08:15:23 PMJust started watching Kleo on NPR's recommendation.

I just started watching it tonight; rather enjoyable fun.

I will give it a try

The Larch

Quote from: HVC on August 29, 2022, 09:51:37 PM

It was good, as was most of the acting, but what accent was Dr who's second wife going for? At times she sounded like she was going for french, other times it sounded like she was trying to do Shae's accent.

You mean Daemon's lover? She's supposed to be from Myr (I think), so it makes sense if she has an exotic accent.

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on August 30, 2022, 04:07:12 AM

You mean Daemon's lover? She's supposed to be from Myr (I think), so it makes sense if she has an exotic accent.

It sounded a mess.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

I watched the first 2 episodes of see. The Jason mamoa blind Post apocalyptic thing.
It's... Curious. Monstrously silly of course. But kind of interesting due to being different.
It has a feel sort of halfway between big budget modern fantasy and low budget trash fantasy of the 90s.
One thing I'm liking is the pacing. It feels so very "modern". Made for people who don't have time. It slime they knew they weren't going to last 10 long seasons so they skip all the usual foreshadowing, subplots and character development and just blast through with the main plot line, quite ridiculously so at times.
I do like the core premise of a normal thing being a super power.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: garbon on August 30, 2022, 04:27:37 AM
Quote from: The Larch on August 30, 2022, 04:07:12 AM

It sounded a mess.

She did sound weird, yeah.

Josquius

Autocorrect plumbs new lows.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I didn't expect that Daniel Radcliffe would make a good Weird Al Yankovic, but the trailer to this biopic proves me wrong. :o

And I'm glad that they approach the subject matter with the gravity, sincerity, and pathos it deserves. :weep:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Video:

https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/1486459799080366080

QuoteAl Yankovic
@alyankovic
There are MANY reasons why I wanted to cast Daniel Radcliffe in my movie, but this is what really clinched the deal for me.  (He's going to absolutely kill this.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

Quote from: Syt on August 30, 2022, 09:09:39 AMI didn't expect that Daniel Radcliffe would make a good Weird Al Yankovic, but the trailer to this biopic proves me wrong. :o

And I'm glad that they approach the subject matter with the gravity, sincerity, and pathos it deserves. :weep:

I've watched the trailer 5 times.  I'm pretty excited for it.