I've been watching witcher.
Surprisingly.
It is very good.
Xena meets game of thrones.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Managed to watch just one film this Xmas ..... The Ipcress File.

7 rundown/drab/bomb-damaged bits of early 60s London out of 10.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

viper37

Robin Hood (2018).

0 Valmy out of 5 for historical accuracy ;)
Don't watch this my friend, you'll have an heart attack :P

Nothing really makes sense in this movie, historically or otherwise.  I get it they wanted to use some kind of steampunk setting for expressing a modern day anarchist point of view, but still, nothing really makes sense in this movie.  12th century England looks like a cross between Mordor and 19th century Manchester.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Hjem til Jul.  Netflix Norwegian language family drama/rom-com.  Single 30 year old nurse is pressured to find boyfriend to bring to Christmas dinner.  I'm sure if this were in English and set in Michigan I would find it dreadful pap.  As is it's tolerable.

Admiral Yi

It is interesting from an anthropological POV to hear which random English catch phrases they sprinkle into conversation.

Josquius

Best movies of the decade. Ignoring that list and just googling what came out in a year.
Some years are weak, 2010 and 11 especially, others its a hard choice.

Shutter Island

Moneyball

Avengers

Wolf of Wall Street

Guardians of the Galaxy

The Martian

Deadpool

Get Out

Bohemian Rhapsody (worst year yet though...)

Joker

I'm amazed at how recent things seem from the middle of the decade on. Its like I've been living by a black hole for 4 years :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Finally caught up with Ad Astra, and it didn't disappoint. And with that I mean that it is exactly what I expected: pretty to look at, but dull and unappealing, with much time spent with Pitt's character gazing at navels (alas, figuratively) in ponderous voiceover.

The concept is interesting, and the set up ain't too bad, but they go about it in the most unengaging way possible.

Oexmelin

It was indeed ridiculous,  but oh so gorgeous.
Que le grand cric me croque !

crazy canuck

Third season of Occupied (the Norwegian show) is up on Netflix.  Three episodes in and the writing continues to be excellent.

Maladict

Watching The Fall of the Roman Empire. Scenes of the Senate debasing itself before Commodus make for slightly uncomfortable viewing.

Zoupa

Quote from: Maladict on January 02, 2020, 11:54:05 AM
Watching The Fall of the Roman Empire. Scenes of the Senate debasing itself before Commodus make for slightly uncomfortable viewing.
:D

The Brain

Midsommar. Americans experience traditional Swedish midsummer. As a Swede you already know all the ceremonies, but I suppose there are more surprises to a non-Swedish viewer. But do non-Swedes realize that the guy has [spoiler]sex[/spoiler] with a [spoiler]16[/spoiler] y/o?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

KRonn

Quote from: celedhring on January 01, 2020, 06:36:45 PM
Finally caught up with Ad Astra, and it didn't disappoint. And with that I mean that it is exactly what I expected: pretty to look at, but dull and unappealing, with much time spent with Pitt's character gazing at navels (alas, figuratively) in ponderous voiceover.

The concept is interesting, and the set up ain't too bad, but they go about it in the most unengaging way possible.

I was going to get that via On Demand, but decided it might be about what you say, so I decided to wait and watch if for free if I want to see it.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on January 02, 2020, 06:33:28 PM
Midsommar. Americans experience traditional Swedish midsummer. As a Swede you already know all the ceremonies, but I suppose there are more surprises to a non-Swedish viewer. But do non-Swedes realize that the guy has [spoiler]sex[/spoiler] with a [spoiler]16[/spoiler] y/o?

Definitely the most shocking thing about the movie.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?