News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 15, 2019, 11:24:17 PM
HBO's Watchmen had its finale tonight and hell, I'll say it, this series was pretty damn good.

There were some great one liners in the finale.  Loved how they brought it all together.  Great ending.  Hoping season 2 will be as good.

Josquius

Watched scams on Netflix. Japanese drama about a guy getting wrapped up in running money transfer scams. Starts very well and entertainingly. Last episode sucks. Loses all sense
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Anyone watched season 4 of The Man in the High Castle? Just look it up & it came out in November already.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

Tonitrus

Quote from: mongers on December 16, 2019, 09:19:08 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 16, 2019, 09:01:23 AM
He was certainly great at playing Gregory Peck.  ;)

:hmm:

I like him a lot, but agree that he is one of those actors where all of his characters feel like different shades of the same guy.  :P

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 16, 2019, 02:55:57 PM
I like him a lot, but agree that he is one of those actors where all of his characters feel like different shades of the same guy.  :P

He played Atticus Finch and Joseph Mengele, among others.  Seemed different to me.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Zoupa

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 16, 2019, 12:15:45 PM
Anyone watched season 4 of The Man in the High Castle? Just look it up & it came out in November already.

It was ok. That whole series felt like it should have been better than it was. I think it was a bit miscast with the younger cast members.

Zoupa

Quote from: Tamas on December 16, 2019, 06:22:14 AM
Watching new season of The Expanse. Martian police is using the same IKEA desk chairs that we bought.  :D

I watched the whole Season over the weekend  :blush:

God I love that show.

Malthus

Quote from: Zoupa on December 16, 2019, 04:19:01 PM
Watching new season of The Expanse. Martian police is using the same IKEA desk chairs that we bought.  :D

God I love that show.

That's a treat I'm reserving for a lazy day over the holidays.  :)

So I'll ask one question, without spoilers: does season 4 live up to the other three?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

Found online:

That 70's Show debuted in 1998, and was set in 1976.
If a show came out today in 2019 with the same premise, it would be set in 1997.

:ph34r:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Spoke to someone at work and they casually mentioned that Cameron is the first Prime Minister they remember :o :bleeding: :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on December 16, 2019, 04:23:02 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on December 16, 2019, 04:19:01 PM

God I love that show.

That's a treat I'm reserving for a lazy day over the holidays.  :)

So I'll ask one question, without spoilers: does season 4 live up to the other three?

Yeah, I am looking forward to binging it over the holidays.

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 16, 2019, 04:41:21 PM
Spoke to someone at work and they casually mentioned that Cameron is the first Prime Minister they remember :o :bleeding: :weep:

Maybe Gordon Brown just wasn't that memorable.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

The timing is perfect for a retro 90s show.

I mean you had Happy days (set in the 50s) come out in the 70s.
Wonder Years (set in the 60s) come out in the 80s.
That 70s show come out in the late 90s.
We have lots of shows set in the 80s: Stranger Things, The Goldbergs, Young Sheldon, The Americans.

Nothing really in the 90s.  Googling suggests Fresh Off the Boat and Derry Girls.  I've heard of both, but both suggest more being set in a very specific situation, moreso than just the 90s.

Celedhring: you should get writing a script. :ph34r:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 16, 2019, 04:41:21 PM

Do you work at an elementary school?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.