News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on September 07, 2019, 11:51:37 AM
How dare the Dem leadership be against someone who only cynically joins the Dem party when he wants to run for president.
If most Dem members in a state vote for him then the electors, if they must exist, should vote for him.
██████
██████
██████

Sophie Scholl

How dare the Dem leadership be against someone who only cynically joins the Dem party when he wants to run for president.
Good to see the Languish Chapter President of the Hil's Shills is still committed to The Cause in time for 2020! ;)
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

garbon

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on September 07, 2019, 12:32:42 PM
Good to see the Languish Chapter President of the Hil's Shills is still committed to The Cause in time for 2020! ;)

If I had to vote for Bernie this time, I would. But I'd rather vote for someone who doesn't join a party only before the deadline to register for the party to show up as a candidate. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on September 07, 2019, 12:32:12 PM
If most Dem members in a state vote for him then the electors, if they must exist, should vote for him.

I've no idea what crap Moore is spinning but umm, how did that at all have anything to do with how the 2016 election transpired? From my recollection it was the Sanders campaign calling on electors to switch to him even though state voting was against him.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Why?  A Democratic Primary is an internal party thing.  It's not a legal thingy.  Hypothetically, Trump could run as a Democrat in Missouri, and if he won he could be  the nominee from both the Democratic party and the Republican party.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

QuoteWhy?  A Democratic Primary is an internal party thing.  It's not a legal thingy. 
So because its an internal election that means its completely wrong to complain about it being undemocratic?

QuoteHypothetically, Trump could run as a Democrat in Missouri, and if he won he could be  the nominee from both the Democratic party and the Republican party.
Wow. Odd they wouldn't have a rule against this. But not getting the relevance.

Quote from: garbon on September 07, 2019, 12:36:28 PM

I've no idea what crap Moore is spinning but umm, how did that at all have anything to do with how the 2016 election transpired? From my recollection it was the Sanders campaign calling on electors to switch to him even though state voting was against him.

According to the doc it was completely the opposite. The state voted for him but electors voted for Hilary. Checking up it seems to indeed be the case.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Jos, is this a complaint about superdelegates? Those same creatures that change their vote when they see the wind is blowing? (see '08 election)

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on September 07, 2019, 01:15:48 PM
QuoteWhy?  A Democratic Primary is an internal party thing.  It's not a legal thingy. 
So because its an internal election that means its completely wrong to complain about it being undemocratic?

QuoteHypothetically, Trump could run as a Democrat in Missouri, and if he won he could be  the nominee from both the Democratic party and the Republican party.
Wow. Odd they wouldn't have a rule against this. But not getting the relevance.

Neither Sanders or Trump are Democrats.  I see little reason to give them a voice in a political party aren't part of.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Tyr on September 07, 2019, 01:15:48 PM
According to the doc it was completely the opposite. The state voted for him but electors voted for Hilary. Checking up it seems to indeed be the case.

Which state was this?  Saunders had 1,846 pledged delegates and got 1,865 total votes.  Clinton had 2,205 pledged delegates and got 2,842 total votes.  State delegations split pledged electors by the vote percentage and Saunders received votes from every delegation bar the US Virgin Islands. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Democratic_National_Convention#Pre-convention_delegate_count

I mean, I suppose it is possible that wiki has it all wrong and Moore has it right, but I doubt that.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Liep

The Boys. Well made and very entertaining
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

It's a minor point, but we don't really do members.  We have boxes we check on voter registration forms, and we can change the box pretty much whenever.

Tonitrus

Servant of the People - The show that made the now-President of Ukraine what he is.

Much better than I was expecting (I suppose I wasn't expecting much from Ukrainian television)...and pretty good, actually. 

Eddie Teach

The Spy. Borat plays a serious actor.  ;)

Not bad, actually.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 07, 2019, 05:35:07 PM
Servant of the People - The show that made the now-President of Ukraine what he is.

Much better than I was expecting (I suppose I wasn't expecting much from Ukrainian television)...and pretty good, actually.

Is this on a streaming service somewhere, or are you watching it for... professional reasons?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Barrister on September 07, 2019, 11:16:41 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on September 07, 2019, 05:35:07 PM

Is this on a streaming service somewhere, or are you watching it for... professional reasons?

It's on Netflix over here.  It is free on Youtube as well.  (both with English subtitles)