News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Stranger Things season 3 is much, much better than season 2, thankfully.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

So I can skip the rest of season II and I won't miss a beat?  I'm on 7/9.

Eddie Teach

No, the last episode has a lot of stuff happen.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Yeah, the Lost Boys detour doesn't really add anything relevant besides embarassment. You can skip those episodes safely.

celedhring

Halfway through the second season of Mindhunters. It feels a bit like the previous one, the show is at its best in the interviews with the killers - they keep finding incredibly good actors to portray them - and it flounders when they try to flesh out the private lives of the investigators and shoehorn the show's themes into them. That said the subplot[spoiler] about the Atlanta child abductions/murders has potential, looking forward to see how it pans out.[/spoiler]

Eddie Teach

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: viper37 on August 29, 2019, 11:06:33 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 29, 2019, 05:11:30 AM
Has to be seen on the biggest screen you can find. :)
I don't think I ever saw the original one.  I'm always waiting for a better version :P

George Lucas, sors de ce corps !  :D

celedhring

Eddie Teach

Lol, I was talking about me spoiling for you
:P

celedhring

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 30, 2019, 08:05:56 AM
Lol, I was talking about me spoiling for you
:P

Ah, it becomes the main plot of the show then? Well that's good news, it's a more interesting story than whether [spoiler]Tench's son is a future sociopath, which is jarryingly on the nose[/spoiler].

garbon

I'm confused on how the original post had spoilers. The trailer for season 2 made that seem like the focus on season 2. Note, I've not yet watched season 2.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Quote from: celedhring on August 30, 2019, 06:03:04 AM
Halfway through the second season of Mindhunters. It feels a bit like the previous one, the show is at its best in the interviews with the killers - they keep finding incredibly good actors to portray them - and it flounders when they try to flesh out the private lives of the investigators and shoehorn the show's themes into them. That said the subplot[spoiler] about the Atlanta child abductions/murders has potential, looking forward to see how it pans out.[/spoiler]

Agreed. Both the love interests, the one from season one and now this one from season two, are boring..
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sheilbh

Controversially I quite like the private life stuff in Mindhunter (especially given that otherwise Dr Wendy Carr was wildly underused this time :ultra:). But yeah the people they get for the killers are really good. Still thinking the Atlanta story over.

Also really like the new Star Wars films  :Embarrass:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Aquaman- After all the great press is there finally a decent DC film?
Well.....
Its....OK. If it was made 20+ years ago it'd be good maybe.
But its just so formulaic. I was shouting out at regular points through the film knowing just what was going to happen next. Its not just a generic superhero film, its such a generic American movie in general. So full of cliches and off the shelf scenes.
However, given DC has failed so much in all of its attempts by trying to go down different routes of dark and edgy superman et al, you have to  wonder if Aquaman being so generic is by design. And well, as I said, its not awful.
██████
██████
██████