News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Sounds like another pointless remake.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

He got a pocket bible as a gift.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

I couldn't make it though Birth of a Nation. 

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: viper37 on July 15, 2017, 06:00:08 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 15, 2017, 02:28:47 PM
Well, asking you to be less stupid about it would ideal, but if you keep quite that works as well.
since you consider atheism to be stupid, there isn't any way I can be less stupid if I talk about it.

Why spend so much time talking about atheism? That's the good thing about it. You don't have to spend any time on it.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Fuck it, Aliens tonite. Just for the Weaver panty scene.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josephus

Quote from: 11B4V on July 16, 2017, 12:12:46 AM
Fuck it, Aliens tonite. Just for the Weaver panty scene.

that would be Alien, then. ;)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Quote from: viper37 on July 15, 2017, 05:59:30 PM
The Birth of a nation (2016).

I don't know. Weird movie.  I'm supposed to get something out of it, but I really don't get it.  Slavery is bad.  Ok, we all knew that since Spartacus, at least.  Those that refuse to acknowledge it will not be convinced by this movie.  I can't feel anything for the main characters, I don't grow attached to them or anything that happens to them.  And it's slow, very slow.  meh.  2.5/5, for the effort of trying something.

I'm not getting the choice of title.
They're intentionally trying to rile up the 5 kkk members left?
██████
██████
██████

Drakken

Far and Away last night, still holds as a good Ron Howard movie, even though it almost killed his career at the time.

Goddamn was Nicole Kidman hot in it. :blush:

celedhring

War of the Planet of the Apes - Meh. All the lifts from Apocalypse Now (even acknowledged within the movie) felt pretty weird too, and don't particularly elevate the film. The filmmakers just don't seem to have a story to tell and lurch from vignette through vignette.

dps

Quote from: Tyr on July 16, 2017, 08:33:02 AM
Quote from: viper37 on July 15, 2017, 05:59:30 PM
The Birth of a nation (2016).

I don't know. Weird movie.  I'm supposed to get something out of it, but I really don't get it.  Slavery is bad.  Ok, we all knew that since Spartacus, at least.  Those that refuse to acknowledge it will not be convinced by this movie.  I can't feel anything for the main characters, I don't grow attached to them or anything that happens to them.  And it's slow, very slow.  meh.  2.5/5, for the effort of trying something.

I'm not getting the choice of title.
They're intentionally trying to rile up the 5 kkk members left?

I think so, but I'm not sure.

HVC

First episode of GoT is always slow, but I'm glad it's back.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on July 16, 2017, 09:03:49 PM

I am on Episode 2, I believe.  [spoiler]Season 1.[/spoiler]   :ph34r:

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: celedhring on July 16, 2017, 04:22:46 PM
War of the Planet of the Apes - Meh. All the lifts from Apocalypse Now (even acknowledged within the movie) felt pretty weird too, and don't particularly elevate the film. The filmmakers just don't seem to have a story to tell and lurch from vignette through vignette.
:( I was really looking forward to this.  I just finished reading the prequel that bridges the gap between 2 and 3.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 16, 2017, 11:58:36 PM
Quote from: HVC on July 16, 2017, 09:03:49 PM

I am on Episode 2, I believe.  [spoiler]Season 1.[/spoiler]   :ph34r:

You gotta get on that.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?