News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Alien3 is perfect for illustrating the intermediate between the age of practical, Star Wars effects and the age of CGI, Jurassic Park effects.

That said, the recut version is better than the theatrical.  But both are abominations when viewed as a definitive fate of the survivors of LV-426.  Dark Horse did it right.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

I certainly hope we're not going to go through this Alien3 bullshit again.

Neil

We might.  We've done it before, we'll do it again.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

lustindarkness

I watched Frozen, it was nice.  I'm ready for Disney next week.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

"Looks like a dog sat in paint and wiped its ass all over the place"

Oh, and the midseason finale will be another big showdown :punk: with a long wait during the winter for the spring season to continue  :(, this show really knows how to keep me hooked. <_<
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Josquius

Guardians of the Galaxy- Despite never having heard of the comic the buzz around this one has been good so I was really looking forward to witnessing the best thing ever.
I was a little dissappointed. I couldn't not be with those expectations.
It was a decent film, though felt a bit too much like I was watching somebody play Ratchett and Clank or the like in parts.
I'm very surprised at the amount of people who die in this film given it is 12a rated and quite solidly aimed at young boys.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 17, 2014, 02:03:00 PM
The Walking Dead - more filler  :mad:

It's called building up tension.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 17, 2014, 02:07:45 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 17, 2014, 02:03:00 PM
The Walking Dead - more filler  :mad:

It's called building up tension.

They got us to the point the story was at three episodes ago.   Thats filler.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 17, 2014, 02:29:19 PM
They got us to the point the story was at three episodes ago. 

Because there are multiple threads, and it's not always convenient to wait for the others to be caught up when advancing one of them.

Anyway, I enjoyed it.

CountDeMoney

I love how Dr. Oz wears his scrubs on the show.  Just in case there's a code blue in the audience over vitamins, stat!  CLEAR *BZZZT*

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 17, 2014, 02:40:27 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 17, 2014, 02:29:19 PM
They got us to the point the story was at three episodes ago. 

Because there are multiple threads, and it's not always convenient to wait for the others to be caught up when advancing one of them.

Anyway, I enjoyed it.

I was expecting this to be the episode where Carole goes all bad ass on them but instead it was just an explanation for how she got wheeled in.  You dont really need a full episode for that.  Most of it was already understood as happening off camera anyway.

Eddie Teach

Eh, this group seems better armed and trained than the Terminus folks, she'd be mad to go in alone. Also, considering they'd found their way to the church for reinforcements(How did they know to go there anyway?  :huh:)

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 17, 2014, 03:38:08 PM
Eh, this group seems better armed and trained than the Terminus folks, she'd be mad to go in alone. Also, considering they'd found their way to the church for reinforcements(How did they know to go there anyway?  :huh:)

Yeah, I thought it was going to be that they met the guy that escaped, realized that the hospital group was running a feudal indentured servant type set up and Carole went in to work from the inside while Darryl worked them from the outside.  I suppose that is what is going to happen anyway, only with the whole group coming from the outside.

I am pretty sure Carole and Darryl left the group when they were at the Church.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 17, 2014, 03:42:23 PM
I am pretty sure Carole and Darryl left the group when they were at the Church.
yes. they did.  Rick was waiting for them, wich is why he didn't left with Eugene.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.