News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I still refuse to watch frozen after the constant bombardment of that freaking annoying song
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

^^^
Best song in a Disney movie in 20 years.

Speaking of Disney,  Kenneth Branagh directing Cinderella? Unless it goes a bit dark I don't see how that'll work. :hmm:

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/watch-cinderella-teaser-1201182386/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Darth Wagtaros

I wouldn't go that far Tim. It was catchy, but Life's a Happy Song, or even some of the ones from Enchanted were pretty good.
PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on May 18, 2014, 05:06:39 AM
Hard to believe that this is 1)a film by Shusuke Kaneko, the man behind the Heisei Gamera trilogy and the Death Note live action adaptations, all of which range between "really good" and "fucking great, and 2)that it is a beloved entry into the Godzilla franchise.

Hard to believe that 1) you're a fucking adult watching these movies, and 2) you're writing reviews of them.

Shame you weren't born back in the day, when you could've put that law degree to work in a video store.

Josquius

I tried to watch the original Godzilla. Didn't get too far in before recoiling against Japanese in my spare time. Plus...there's just something about Japanese films of the era...it freaks me out. I can't get too far into Tokyo Story because of it.

Mandella, Long Walk to Freedom- After initial problems taking the accent seriously it is actually a pretty good film.
Is it just me or is there a bit of a trend these days for films about black guys being screwed over?
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 18, 2014, 09:33:57 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on May 18, 2014, 05:06:39 AM
Hard to believe that this is 1)a film by Shusuke Kaneko, the man behind the Heisei Gamera trilogy and the Death Note live action adaptations, all of which range between "really good" and "fucking great, and 2)that it is a beloved entry into the Godzilla franchise.

Hard to believe that 1) you're a fucking adult watching these movies, and 2) you're writing reviews of them.

Shame you weren't born back in the day, when you could've put that law degree to work in a video store.

THIS
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 18, 2014, 06:27:51 AM
^^^
Best song in a Disney movie in 20 years.

Speaking of Disney,  Kenneth Branagh directing Cinderella? Unless it goes a bit dark I don't see how that'll work. :hmm:

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/watch-cinderella-teaser-1201182386/

Pirates of the Caribean is a Disney movie, and its soundtrack is way better than any of this ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Liep

Hannibal. Holy. Fucking. Shit.

That is the most disturbing, disgusting and horrifying  television I have ever seen.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ideologue

It was pretty great, huh? :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Liep

Yes, though, I think I would've reacted differently if someone had been feeding my dogs like that.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Capetan Mihali

I watched Inside Llewyn Davis at home last night.  I liked it, but I have to say it depressed me a bit.  I guess some of the protagonist's constant screwing-up hit a little close to home. :Embarrass:  I agree with whoever here said the John Goodman bit was kind of unnecessary and lackluster compared to his other Coen roles.  Great performances by the cat actors, though, more than offset this. :) I didn't find Timberlake's presence to be obtrusive and thought he did a good job.  As did Adam Driver.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

viper37

Quote from: Liep on May 18, 2014, 05:45:07 PM
Hannibal. Holy. Fucking. Shit.

That is the most disturbing, disgusting and horrifying  television I have ever seen.
Ha!  And here I tought it was only me being disturbed like that!
Glad to know I'm sort of normal.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point