News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I felt with the loss of several months in the old movie thread, a new one was in order.

I've been watching Justified. It's pretty good, but not so much you'd expect to make a Spellus out of a Scipio.

Finally saw The Sandlot. Good movie. However the greatest Ben Rodriguez remains the one made of metal.

Also finished the second season/series of Dr. Who. Fun show. I just wish they wouldn't fixate so much on modern England with all of space and time at their disposal.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM
Also finished the second season/series of Dr. Who. Fun show. I just wish they wouldn't fixate so much on modern England with all of space and time at their disposal.

Well 1960s isn't very modern anymore.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on March 06, 2011, 09:50:40 AM

I meant the new version that's been going on for the last 5-6 years. But also a broader definition of "modern" encompassing the visits to Victoria and Dickens and a couple to the 1940s. Of the episodes in the first two seasons set on earth, they've had like 13-14 in England, 1 in France and none anywhere else. Even if I was a Londoner I'd want a bit more variety than that.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

At least Fatmai won't be able to bitch about TV shows anymore.

Anyways, been watching season 1 of Community. I missed way too many episodes last season.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

Started watching some of the new Futurama episodes. Haven't found much funny yet.

Watched the two episodes of Archer for season 2, now there is some hilarious shit  yo.
PDH!

Josephus

Saw the movie Dogtooth yesterday which has to be the strangest, weirdest, most bizarre, weird and strange movie I have ever seen.

Highly recommended. :D

Five wet keyboards out of five.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Larch

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 06, 2011, 10:18:20 AM

Anyways, been watching season 1 of Community. I missed way too many episodes last season.

:cheers: Did you enjoy them? Did you miss any of the great episodes towards the end?

As for myself, I just finished "Downton Abbey", a gorgeous and surprisingly enjoyable Brit period piece, with pre-WWI Edwardian nobilty prancing around with sticks up their arses.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Larch on March 06, 2011, 12:35:21 PM

:cheers: Did you enjoy them? Did you miss any of the great episodes towards the end?

'Modern Warfare'. Worth it just for the small amount of Pierce in it. And the Chicken Fingers episode.

katmai

:mad: :( :cry:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on March 06, 2011, 03:08:51 PM

:mad: :( :cry:

I'd let you fuck my imaginary sister.

The Larch

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 06, 2011, 02:46:05 PM
Quote from: The Larch on March 06, 2011, 12:35:21 PM

'Modern Warfare'. Worth it just for the small amount of Pierce in it. And the Chicken Fingers episode.

Those two are probably the best of the whole season, it'd have been a pity if you had missed them for so long!

Ed Anger

Thursday is bad night for TV for me. busy busy.

BuddhaRhubarb

watched "The Green Hornet" ... it wasn't as bad as I'd imagined from the trailers. I actually enjoyed it for the most part. it could have been a smidge tighter, funnier really. I like the balance of ludicrous superhero stuff (except the glowing clue/da vinci code thing that activated Kato's "bullet time". That would work well in the video game, but it was groan inducing, but, also the only thing I hated about the movie. Overall worth a boo on disc/netflix when it comes out.

7.365 cross cutural bromances outta 10
:p

Josquius

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 06, 2011, 10:14:03 AM
Quote from: The Brain on March 06, 2011, 09:50:40 AM

I meant the new version that's been going on for the last 5-6 years. But also a broader definition of "modern" encompassing the visits to Victoria and Dickens and a couple to the 1940s. Of the episodes in the first two seasons set on earth, they've had like 13-14 in England, 1 in France and none anywhere else. Even if I was a Londoner I'd want a bit more variety than that.
meh, its kind of funny to see a lot of Americans on the internet complaining about this- now you know how we feel about American sci-fi always being so US-based. :P
██████
██████
██████

Drakken

Was surprised by Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. Thought it would be inane hipster crap, and it was. However the main characters were surprisingly attaching... for hipsters, at least. Except Ramona.

Micheal Cera's voice is godawfully annoying, though.