And we're back!

Main Menu

Libyan Civil War Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, March 05, 2011, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 29, 2011, 10:39:08 AM
Look at those fucking hipsters.
The front line advanced almost to Sirte before the rebel attack fell apart due to squabbling over whether Tripolitanian labneh was better than Cyrenaican labneh.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on March 29, 2011, 10:42:52 AM
The front line advanced almost to Sirte before the rebel attack fell apart due to squabbling over whether Tripolitanian labneh was better than Cyrenaican labneh.

Hey! Where did my Arcade Fire CD go?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Fireblade

Quote from: Habbaku on March 29, 2011, 10:46:48 AM
Quote from: Slargos on March 29, 2011, 10:36:37 AM
Quote from: Fireblade on March 29, 2011, 10:25:47 AM
The Lion of the North awakes!

Sweden Fights On?

:hmm:

We should design a game, a sequel if you will, covering Swedish military history from 1814 to 1848. We can call it..

Sweden Remains Neutral

Or a game where you play Swedish industrialists and compete to see who can collaborate with the Nazis the most.

Caliga

I agree. Finally, there'd be a consim that I could play and actually not lose for once. :Embarrass:

Tamas

Quote from: Slargos on March 29, 2011, 10:24:54 AM
Great surprise. These "rebels" are little more than armed arab rabble, and little more effective in achieving their goals than european AFA style anarchists.

A drunken horde of football hooligans would've done far more damage under the cover of NATO airstrikes than this haphazard gaggle of untermenschen.

I agree.

There was big talk over how even the army there is organized on tribal grounds. How come none of the units switched sides en masse? Or is this also the level of discipline of an arab tyrant's army? Pathetic.

Caliga

We're going to end up with Western boots on the ground in Libya soon.  Not a question of it, but when, and who's a big enough sucker to take the initiative.

Legbiter

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 29, 2011, 10:47:19 AM

Too mainstream.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Fireblade

Quote from: Caliga on March 29, 2011, 11:04:01 AM
We're going to end up with Western boots on the ground in Libya soon.  Not a question of it, but when, and who's a big enough sucker to take the initiative.

My bet is that Sarkozy will send his elite foreign mercenary death squads within a week.

Caliga

I'm thinking France as well.  So that means within like a month that Gadhafi will be in Paris and some old French guy will be caught crying again. :(

HisMajestyBOB

France. It remains to be seen who he suckers into it.
Probably not the US, besides a few "hush-hush" type operations.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Darth Wagtaros

Why though? Why go in?  It is an internal matter, and our airstrikes have proven ineffective.  Even if NATO did go in it would probably be the fucked up stuff we had in the Balkans or Rhuanda. 
PDH!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Legbiter on March 29, 2011, 11:04:15 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 29, 2011, 10:47:19 AM

Too mainstream.

:blush:

These kids and their rock and roll.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Fireblade

Quote from: Caliga on March 29, 2011, 11:10:03 AM
I'm thinking France as well.  So that means within like a month that Gadhafi will be in Paris and some old French guy will be caught crying again. :(

:cry:

Caliga

Yeah, that guy.  OMG is he still alive? :o