News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Can I has: promotion?

Started by Martinus, April 30, 2010, 02:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Martinus has managed to trick lawyers into thinking he's actually a lawyer so well that he's moving up the ranks?

Well done!  :cheers:
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

You gotta give a little head to get ahead, Neil.  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on April 30, 2010, 06:23:25 AM
Martinus has managed to trick lawyers into thinking he's actually a lawyer so well that he's moving up the ranks?

Well done!  :cheers:

It's possible he's simply the best Lawyer in Poland.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

Congrats Marty! :cheers:

He would be Prime Minister if he were actually a lawyer.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

I knew those interpersonal skills would pay off at some point. :cheers:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Congratulations then.
I know who to call if I run into trouble on the Russian border.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 30, 2010, 10:44:50 AM
I knew those interpersonal skills would pay off at some point. :cheers:

What can I say - I have a reputation for being a bit of an angry drama queen at work.

But I have a sense of humour and can say I'm sorry - which (surprisingly) is not that common. :P

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on April 30, 2010, 05:08:05 PM
What can I say - I have a reputation for being a bit of an angry drama queen at work.
I've noticed that people with your affliction tend to share that trait.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

Quote from: Neil on April 30, 2010, 05:12:21 PM
I've noticed that people with your affliction tend to share that trait.

The flip-side is that we rarely take an alpha/macho pose either, and that pose aggravates more people than an occasional outburst followed by a joke and an attempt at perceived empathy. :P

I think one of the best traits of "people with my affliction" is the ability to be self-depreciating - I know a lot of people who can't do this and are widely considered to be pompous pricks.

Jaron

You guys all like to mock Martinus but I just want to say in front of everyone reading this that he is my best friend (more than a friend really) and I am extremely proud of him and his accomplishments.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

Quote from: Jaron on April 30, 2010, 05:17:35 PM
You guys all like to mock Martinus but I just want to say in front of everyone reading this that he is my best friend (more than a friend really) and I am extremely proud of him and his accomplishments.
:hug:

Sheilbh

:o  How'd you get that reputation?
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on April 30, 2010, 05:15:49 PM
I think one of the best traits of "people with my affliction" is the ability to be self-depreciating - I know a lot of people who can't do this and are widely considered to be pompous pricks.
That's because homosexuality started in England :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

Yeah, I've never known an arrogant gay, and boy oh boy have I known a lot of gays. :hug:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points