News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

80mph winds

Started by MadImmortalMan, April 27, 2010, 10:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Casualties so far: My mailbox, garbage bin and ~25% of my backyard fence. One tree looks unlikely to make it, but it's far enough away from the house that it won't break anything but more fence if it falls.

Power lines down everywhere, trees laying in the roads. Pretty much everywhere, people are having to do the 4-way stop thing at all the intersections. It took me an hour to get to work. Chaos, I tell you.  <_<
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

Oh cool. Everything just went all blinky and my train set is all running on UPS now. Reserves will last approximately 35 minutes.  :showoff:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

We're having light rain. I'm pondering whether or not I melt if I walk across the street to the gym. ^_^
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Alcibiades

Quote from: garbon on April 27, 2010, 11:34:25 AM
We're having light rain. I'm pondering whether or not I melt if I walk across the street to the gym. ^_^

^_^
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on April 27, 2010, 11:34:25 AM

You don't need the gym. You are naturally pretty.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

KRonn

Here in the North East, Massachusetts, we've been having some very nice spring weather. A welcome relief after the earlier rains and flooding. Many people lost their Arks during that wet spell....

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on April 27, 2010, 11:47:23 AM
You don't need the gym. You are naturally pretty.

Aww, thanks, darling. :hug: But no, I still won't help build your tomb for free.

Eddie Teach

I bet promiscuous women are somehow responsible for it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: KRonn on April 27, 2010, 11:50:42 AM
Here in the North East, Massachusetts, we've been having some very nice spring weather. A welcome relief after the earlier rains and flooding. Many people lost their Arks during that wet spell....
some snow here today...  nothing that lasted though.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HisMajestyBOB

It's been cold, rainy and windy this week.
We still haven't had any decent spring weather yet.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

Over here the sky is completely dark.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on April 27, 2010, 06:47:18 PM
Sunny and 50's :w00t:

Yup - been beautiful weather here too! :w00t:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help