News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy Easter

Started by CountDeMoney, April 12, 2009, 06:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

More like 2/3rds are now joined.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Introduced the girls to Peeps. I think I might have spooked them by biting the heads off the peeps.

I was amused at least.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: fahdiz on April 12, 2009, 12:25:49 PM
To celebrate Zombie Jesus' "There Was A Back Door In the Tomb, You Guys Didn't See It?" Day, I went on a 4.5 mile bike ride this morning, am about to do the return leg of the journey, and then will run 2 miles.  Oh, I also ate a nice breakfast.  Jesus loves pepper bacon!
I have been recently going back to "agnostic/lapsed Catholic" setting. I still dislike St. Paul, though. :P

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 12, 2009, 03:06:32 PM
Introduced the girls to Peeps. I think I might have spooked them by biting the heads off the peeps.

I was amused at least.

I'm calling child services!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

vinraith

OK Seedy, I didn't go to church and there's no way in hell I'm watching Last Temptation, but in compensation here's an article about how much more stable EVE's ISK is than the real thing.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: vinraith on April 12, 2009, 04:54:26 PM
OK Seedy, I didn't go to church and there's no way in hell I'm watching Last Temptation, but in compensation here's an article about how much more stable EVE's ISK is than the real thing.

Never figured you for a Scorsese-hater.  Oh wait, you are.

vinraith

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 12, 2009, 04:58:20 PM

Actually generally I'm not, but I can't take the entire Holy Land having a Jersey accent. "Let yous who is witout sin cast da first stone."

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on April 12, 2009, 04:43:08 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 12, 2009, 03:06:32 PM

I was amused at least.

I'm calling child services!

They don't respond to callers sounding like Speedy Gonzales.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: vinraith on April 12, 2009, 04:59:25 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 12, 2009, 04:58:20 PM

Actually generally I'm not, but I can't take the entire Holy Land having a Jersey accent. "Let yous who is witout sin cast da first stone."

LOL, c'mon, Harvey Keitel as Judas was fucking brilliant.  "Where's ya head? Ya hearin me?  What's up witchu?"

All that's missing is Pesci as Nicky Da Baptist.

derspiess

Went with the parents to the early (ugh) 'comtemporary' (ugh) service.  I had never been to a contemporary service, but now I can say for sure it ain't my cup o tea.  I prefer my rock music secular and my church music traditional.  My parents started going to the contemporary services because they felt too 'old' going to the regular one :huh:

Anywho, had a great "we're not Jewish" ham dinner.  Got to watch my kid stumble around with no clue what to do at our Easter egg hunt, and precipitated my 2-year old nephew's obligatory family get-together meltdown.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josephus

Quote from: Martinus on April 12, 2009, 10:27:41 AM
Quote from: Josephus on April 12, 2009, 07:43:13 AM
Being Catholic, I did it on Saturday night.  :pope: which leads me to another thread...
Uhm, as a Catholic, you should go on Thursday, Friday, Saturday AND Sunday.

I'm a lapsed Catholic so I only went on Saturday.
I went Friday. I went Saturday to the vigil; which my priest said counts for Sunday  :)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Vince

I have enough Easter Ham leftovers to feed a small family for a week.  :mmm:

fhdz

Quote from: Martinus on April 12, 2009, 03:34:50 PM
I have been recently going back to "agnostic/lapsed Catholic" setting.

For aesthetic reasons, no doubt.  I guess there are worse reasons to retain some trappings of religion.
and the horse you rode in on

garbon

I haven't eaten my peeps yet. :(

I did eat a large chocolate egg! :w00t:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.