Ontario kids to learn all about anal intercourse and vaginal lubrication

Started by Josephus, April 21, 2010, 08:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

What an amazing coincidence in his story that all the bad rapists were Americans. Whoulda thunk it?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Martim Silva on April 21, 2010, 11:57:22 AM
Quote from: Malthus
Martim, I think that making generalizations about a whole country based on anecdotes about some person you've heard of is usually misguided - but I'm making an exception for you, and judging Portugal based on your posts.  :D

She isn't someone I heard about. I've known her for many years, since she was just 14 years old. Which is why this thing annoyed me even more.  :mad:

And she is hardly the only one - I know another canadian girl (this one from Québéc) who had a very similar experience.  :(

And I also know another canadian girl (from Toronto) who just narrowly avoided that experience, narrowly escaping her would-be abuser (who was from the US and frankly seemed to have no idea that 'no' means 'no').

Interestingly I know literally hundreds of Canadian women, and yes some of them have had bad experiences with men they hardly knew (more of them had bad experiences with guys they thought they knew very well though). I'm pretty sure that happens in every single country in the world. It's how the world is, sadly. Some men are assholes, some women are naive or don't have the life skills to sense the danger they could be in. It has nothing to do with being Canadian per se.
:p

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on April 21, 2010, 11:43:15 AM
Quote from: Malthus on April 21, 2010, 11:01:19 AM
but I'm making an exception for you, and judging Portugal based on your posts.  :D
:weep:

Sorry, no amount of personal excellence on your part - or indeed on the part pf anyone of Portuguese heritage - can change my mind.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martim Silva

Quote from: Berkut on April 21, 2010, 12:20:35 PM
What an amazing coincidence in his story that all the bad rapists were Americans. Whoulda thunk it?

One of them wasn't.

Quote from: BhuddaRhubarb
Interestingly I know literally hundreds of Canadian women, and yes some of them have had bad experiences with men they hardly knew. I'm pretty sure that happens in every single country in the world. It's how the world is, sadly. Some men are assholes, some women are naive or don't have the life skills to sense the danger they could be in. It has nothing to do with being Canadian per se.

Maybe, but while I've known abused women from other nations, the % of canadian girls I know/victims is by far the largest. And they were more naïve than any of the women from other countries.

Malthus

Clearly, stricter border controls are required.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Berkut

Quote from: Malthus on April 21, 2010, 12:39:30 PM

Clearly, stricter border controls are required.  :hmm:

At the very least - those slut Canadian women are sapping our precious bodily fluids!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Malthus

Quote from: Martim Silva on April 21, 2010, 12:37:12 PM
Maybe, but while I've known abused women from other nations, the % of canadian girls I know/victims is by far the largest. And they were more naïve than any of the women from other countries.

You are thinking that the element all of these girls have in common is that they are Canadian. Everyone else is thinking that the element all of these girls have in common is that they are willing to know you:D

grumbler

Quote from: Malthus on April 21, 2010, 12:48:34 PM
Quote from: Martim Silva on April 21, 2010, 12:37:12 PM

You are thinking that the element all of these girls have in common is that they are Canadian. Everyone else is thinking that the element all of these girls have in common is that they are willing to know you:D
He is an expert because he was in a naive-slut-spotting club in college.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jacob

I find it amazing that Martim hangs out with so many rape victims.  It's almost like he collects them.

Of course, I remember him explaining Portuguese society by relating how his grandfather would rape the maids at will.  So I suppose it's some sort of family interest or something.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on April 21, 2010, 06:11:11 PM

I find it amazing that Martim hangs out with so many rape victims.  It's almost like he collects them.

Of course, I remember him explaining Portuguese society by relating how his grandfather would rape the maids at will.  So I suppose it's some sort of family interest or something.

Maybe he just follows Pat around.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on April 21, 2010, 08:47:56 AM
Quote"I think it's a sort of infringement on parents, because you're  talking about a very personal and sensitive area and dealing with kids  so young I believe what it will end up infringing on their thought  processes and their desires and ability to make correct choices," said  Reverend Ekron Malcolm, director of the Institute for Canadian Values,  who is involved in the coalition.

I can see why religious  leaders would get upset at the idea of someone else "infringing on kids  thought processes".

QuoteChristian right leader Charles McVety, who is also part of the  coalition, said it is unconscionable to teach children as young as eight  years old gender identity and sexual orientation.

Of course, teaching kids even younger than eight years old that their  friends who do not share their religious beliefs are going to burn in  hell for all eternity (or insert some other morally reprehensible  religious viewpoint here) is perfectly reasonable.

No religious "leader" has any right to talk about what is appropriate  and not appropriate to teach children. Their entire power structure is  based on the brainwashing of children specifically prior to their  ability to form independent and objective viewpoints on "faith".

Oh for fucks sake, give it a rest.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on April 21, 2010, 06:20:23 PM
Quote from: Berkut on April 21, 2010, 08:47:56 AM
Quote"I think it's a sort of infringement on parents, because you're  talking about a very personal and sensitive area and dealing with kids  so young I believe what it will end up infringing on their thought  processes and their desires and ability to make correct choices," said  Reverend Ekron Malcolm, director of the Institute for Canadian Values,  who is involved in the coalition.

I can see why religious  leaders would get upset at the idea of someone else "infringing on kids  thought processes".

QuoteChristian right leader Charles McVety, who is also part of the  coalition, said it is unconscionable to teach children as young as eight  years old gender identity and sexual orientation.

Of course, teaching kids even younger than eight years old that their  friends who do not share their religious beliefs are going to burn in  hell for all eternity (or insert some other morally reprehensible  religious viewpoint here) is perfectly reasonable.

No religious "leader" has any right to talk about what is appropriate  and not appropriate to teach children. Their entire power structure is  based on the brainwashing of children specifically prior to their  ability to form independent and objective viewpoints on "faith".

Oh for fucks sake, give it a rest.
:lol:  Oh, irony, where is thy sting?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josephus

Well...looks like Ontario has changed its mind.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/mcguinty-backs-down-on-frank-sex-ed/article1543479/

PREMIER PULLS PLUG ON NEW SEX-ED PROGRAM
GAY POLISH LAWYER DISMAYED

Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty acted unilaterally in pulling the plug on his government's new sex-education curriculum after he was blindsided by his own bureaucrats and a backlash from parents and religious groups.

Mr. McGuinty announced on Thursday that he will not roll out the new curriculum next fall. It was his fastest policy retreat in recent memory, coming just four hours after cabinet minister Sandra Pupatello vigorously defended the document during Question Period.

Sources said that the Premier had not been briefed on the curriculum and was unaware of its contents until the complaints began this week.

The new curriculum needs a "serious rethink," Mr. McGuinty said, and government officials must listen to parents on such a highly sensitive topic that touches children directly.

"For most parents, it came out of nowhere," Mr. McGuinty said. "They are obviously not comfortable with the proposal we put forward."

The political time-bomb that was his government's new sex-education curriculum ticked away on-line for three months until a Christian group led by evangelist Charles McVety issued a statement this week threatening to pull its children from school if the government did not abandon it.

Bureaucrats in the Ministry of Education did not brief the Premier about the new curriculum, according to senior government sources. While he is not usually given details of curriculum changes, such a politically sensitive topic as sex education should have been brought to his attention, one of the sources said.

"I think there was a little bit of a failure in the system," he said.

With parents inundating government MPPs and opposition members with complaints, Mr. McGuinty decided to admit that his government got it wrong, said one of the sources.

Alex McKay, research co-ordinator for the Sex Information and Education Council of Canada, said he was "disappointed" that the province bowed to loud critics who misrepresented what was actually going to be taught in Ontario classrooms.

"I think if people examine the curriculum closely, they will find it far less controversial than the highly charged discussion over the last few days suggested it was," he said.

Consultation on the new curriculum began in 2007, when Kathleen Wynne was education minister. The Institute for Catholic Education, which works with the Ontario Conference of Catholic Bishops in tailoring the ministry's curriculum for observant classrooms, was involved throughout that consultation.

"We had an agreement right from the beginning that we would be aligning their expectations with the Fully Alive family life program," said Sister Joan Cronin, executive director of ICE, referring to a 20-year-old church-endorsed version of sex-health education.

A first draft was released near the end of 2008.

Ministry spokesperson Michelle Despault said bureaucrats knew the changes would be controversial and, as a result, they did more extensive consultations than usual.

By the time the document was posted on-line last Jan. 18, the day that Mr. McGuinty shuffled Ms. Wynne out of education and Leona Dombrowsky in, ministry staff had received more than 3,000 pieces of feedback from every stripe of education insider and from parents.

There the document sat, a near-philosophical twin to its predecessor, but adorned with progressive talking points that suggested teachers might refer to same-sex families in Grade 3, or to anal intercourse as a way to contract a sexually transmitted infection in Grade 7.

As late as Thursday afternoon, as protests from Catholic parent groups and at least one bishop derailed the 208-page document, Sister Cronin and her organization were aligning the Fully Alive program to the new curriculum.

Catherine Fife, vice-president of the Ontario Public School Boards' Association, said boards are still open to delivering an enhanced and relevant sex-education curriculum after more discussion.

"I hope that it's not dropped altogether, because it's an important discussion for school boards to be having with parents and with children," Ms. Fife said.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011