News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Maybe he meant curly haired fat dudes.

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Barrister

I'm an admitted train napper.  It's 20 minutes or so of peace and quiet in an otherwise busy day.

But it's not without risk - twice over the years I've missed my stop because I was sleeping.  Once it caused me to be 30 minutes late.  Which also means that sense of worry prevents you from really sleeping.

But today I finally hit on the solution - set an alarm!  So with my alarm set for 8:12 I was free to nap without worry.  And when my phone buzzing away woke me from my slumber I was 2 stops away from where I get off.   :cool: :showoff:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

:yes: I've been commuting napping with alarm set for some time now and it's awesome.

Except when there are delays and you have no fucking clue when you will actually get there.

The Brain

Today in the supermarket some guy was speaking loudly and at length in a totally demonic kind of voice, like he was possessed or something. I couldn't make out words, I'm not sure there were any, but I suppose it might have been Aramaic. I kept browsing some aisles away a few extra minutes so he would finish whatever the hell he was doing and leave the store.

It baffles me that it apparently is controversial for a politician today to be for exorcism in cases of actual possession by Satan.

The Brain

Today my cock fell asleep when I was sitting in front of the computer. I had to wake it up.

Capetan Mihali

I hate to compliment myself gratuitously, but I really know how to pilaf some rice.  Even if it's for breakfast.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Caliga

A fabulous barista made me an iced hazelnut latte at Starbucks tonight and put a smiley face after my name on the cup.  My working theory is that he wants my cock.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on April 11, 2016, 08:13:16 PM
A fabulous barista made me an iced hazelnut latte at Starbucks tonight and put a smiley face after my name on the cup.  My working theory is that he wants my cock.

How often do you use that working theory?

Eddie Teach

Counter theory- he put the smiley face on the cup because Cal reminds him of a small child.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Brazen

Since the clocks went forward Postman's Park is open mornings and evenings. I go five minutes out of my way on my walk to and from the train station to see a little urban beauty on my commute. This morning there was a particularly bold squirrel on the path. Then I realised a woman was feeding it peanuts. It made even Londoners smile at each other.

The Brain

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)