And we're back!

Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on March 15, 2015, 06:37:44 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 15, 2015, 02:37:56 AM
At the supermarket yesterday I checked the wants/sales offers on their exit area blackboard.

Between the usual cards looking for work/apartments or selling old furniture: "For sale: engraved long sword, 150 cm."

How much?

Didn't say, didn't ask.

@Mart: no.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on March 15, 2015, 06:44:20 AM
Do you still write? This sounds like the beginning of a short story.  :cool:

It sounds like the beginning of a dull short story, where some kid listens to some old man prate on about his past.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Unless the sword is really Excalibur.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Martinus on March 15, 2015, 06:44:20 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 15, 2015, 02:37:56 AM
At the supermarket yesterday I checked the wants/sales offers on their exit area blackboard.

Between the usual cards looking for work/apartments or selling old furniture: "For sale: engraved long sword, 150 cm."

Do you still write? This sounds like the beginning of a short story.  :cool:

Safety not guaranteed.

The Brain

Today in the subway I saw an Asian whose countenance was particularly fierce.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

KRonn

Quote from: The Brain on April 16, 2015, 12:23:07 PM
Today in the subway I saw an Asian whose countenance was particularly fierce.

And you're in Scandinavia so that's particularly worrisome, for sure.   :menace:

The Brain

Today I saw a cool dog. He was wearing shades and riding in a sidecar.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

First day off I've had probably in 3 months.  Played an atrocious 9 holes of golf, stopped by the nudie bar, then hit the karaoke.

KRonn

I finished planting my entire vegetable garden this weekend. I was only planning on planting two more rows of yellow potatoes to go with the other two rows of Kennebec potatoes. I had figured to plant later in the month, to wait for the soil to warm, but it's been warm here and the soil was warm up to 70 F which is more than ample for planting. I still didn't think I had it in me to plant everything but once I got going I just kept going and got it all done.

Four rows of potatoes, about 70 plants. About the same number of winter squash plants, over a dozen each of zucchini and summer squash, at least 150 pole beans and at least 70 each of bush beans and carrots.

Most of it, except for some garden boxes and pots, watered with a drip irrigation system that's efficient and doesn't waste much water. Else I'd go nuts trying to water it all manually everyday plus I'd be wasting and paying for a lot of water.

Also mowed my lawn for the first time this season.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: KRonn on May 10, 2015, 07:43:31 PM
About the same number of winter squash plants, over a dozen each of zucchini and summer squash,

:yuk:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

KRonn

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 10, 2015, 07:53:36 PM
Quote from: KRonn on May 10, 2015, 07:43:31 PM
About the same number of winter squash plants, over a dozen each of zucchini and summer squash,

:yuk:

:)  Hehe, That's all good stuff. I love squash, especially the winter squash.

Brazen

I won an invite to the launch party for the new season of my favourite running/undead apocalypse interactive story game app, Zombies, Run!, this evening. I'm such a fangirl. Wonder if they need a comms manager?

garbon

I'm loving being near so many parks. A bit chilly when the sun dives behind clouds but otherwise lovely in Hydr Park at the moment. :cool:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Brazen on May 11, 2015, 08:05:30 AM
I won an invite to the launch party for the new season of my favourite running/undead apocalypse interactive story game app, Zombies, Run!, this evening. I'm such a fangirl. Wonder if they need a comms manager?

That sounds interesting, what is it again? An app? Game?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Capetan Mihali

Last quote heard outside by my open window 30 seconds ago, apparently spoken by a white man in a white t-shirt who then walked calmly and defiantly down the street, in a tone of resolve: "I don't give a fuck what you're saying, you dirty whore."

Prior to that, in the hallway, spoken loudly by my upstairs neighbor, a white woman, to her mixed-race teenage daughters, slurring her words just a little:  "Get over here my niggas! Gimme a hug before I start kicking some ass..."
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)