News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on January 21, 2015, 03:26:44 PM
My local McDonald's was missing you this morning.  Next time you're there, make sure you ask for your SENIOR coffee.
:lol:

Old people are so out of control with their 'senior' this and 'senior' that. :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on January 20, 2015, 11:16:39 AM
Quote from: Caliga on January 19, 2015, 12:22:49 PM
Yesterday I was in the oral hygiene aisle at the supermarket buying mouthwash, and I turned around and almost bumped into my dentist.  Freaky. :hmm:

My dentist has many of my family, cousins and extended family as patients and sees them more often, so the running joke is that I ask him what's new with my relatives and he fills me in on things.   :D

:D

That would make a nice plot point in an ongoing situation comedy.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 21, 2015, 03:33:35 PM
I had considered Panera Bread, but I was simply not in the mood for wading into a crowd of obnoxious hipsters sucking up free WiFi with their Apple Products, as that can cause homicidal ideations. 

I live just far enough from downtown to be in a hipster-free zone.  You'd love my nearby Panera.  Nothing but soccer moms in yoga pants, with plenty of free time. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Mine only has business people.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Mrs B is feeling under the weather.  She asks if we have any NeoCitran (apparently sold in the US as Theraflu).  I say "I think so", and start digging deep in some cupboards.

Mrs B sayd "don't bother - it's probably expired a couple of years ago".

I find it, and start laughing.

Expiry date - September, 2007.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Mrs. B is still feeling under the weather, but is now fascinated by all the new colors.

The Brain

Today in the subway I overheard a guy talking about God as if He were real. :wacko:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

God rides the bus, not the train.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

So I took a client to lunch today. Had a great steak each. By the time we got to the espresso and the dessert, we both realised it's Ash Wednesday (turns out he used to be an altar boy). Gotta love (being a) lapsed Catholic. :P

You enjoy life but you still get enough guilt to keep you alert.

The Brain

Admiral Yi

Residual guilt is why lapsed Catholic girls enjoy sex so much.

alfred russel

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 15, 2015, 09:04:09 PM
God, you're such an American, DG.  What self-respecting Ukrainian/Russian is going to get out of his car to go investigate if some other driver is OK?

He was probably wondering if there was something illicit going on that he could report. Remember that above all else, DGuller is a snitch.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Syt

At the supermarket yesterday I checked the wants/sales offers on their exit area blackboard.

Between the usual cards looking for work/apartments or selling old furniture: "For sale: engraved long sword, 150 cm."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on March 15, 2015, 02:37:56 AM
At the supermarket yesterday I checked the wants/sales offers on their exit area blackboard.

Between the usual cards looking for work/apartments or selling old furniture: "For sale: engraved long sword, 150 cm."

How much?

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on March 15, 2015, 02:37:56 AM

Do you still write? This sounds like the beginning of a short story.  :cool: