News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

I was walking home from work, and I saw a car stopped on the road in the left lane, midway between crosswalks.  The engine was running, but the flashers weren't on, so it didn't look like the car broke down.  I walked up along the grass median to look inside the car, and there was an old black guy slumped over the steering wheel.  I called 911 thinking that the guy had a heart attack while driving, and while I was on the phone, the asshole drives away.  :mad: 

11B4V

Quote from: DGuller on January 15, 2015, 08:07:23 PM
I was walking home from work, and I saw a car stopped on the road in the left lane, midway between crosswalks.  The engine was running, but the flashers weren't on, so it didn't look like the car broke down.  I walked up along the grass median to look inside the car, and there was an old black guy slumped over the steering wheel.  I called 911 thinking that the guy had a heart attack while driving, and while I was on the phone, the asshole drives away.  :mad:

He was probably drunk.  :P

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Capetan Mihali

God, you're such an American, DG.  What self-respecting Ukrainian/Russian is going to get out of his car to go investigate if some other driver is OK?
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 15, 2015, 09:04:09 PM
God, you're such an American, DG.  What self-respecting Ukrainian/Russian is going to get out of his car to go investigate if some other driver is OK?

Calling him an American insults my native born citizenship.  :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Yesterday I was in the oral hygiene aisle at the supermarket buying mouthwash, and I turned around and almost bumped into my dentist.  Freaky. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on January 19, 2015, 12:22:49 PM
Yesterday I was in the oral hygiene aisle at the supermarket buying mouthwash, and I turned around and almost bumped into my dentist.  Freaky. :hmm:

Which one of you was outed?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Ed Anger

I took a MASSIVE dump. Epic almost.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on January 19, 2015, 12:22:49 PM

My dentist has many of my family, cousins and extended family as patients and sees them more often, so the running joke is that I ask him what's new with my relatives and he fills me in on things.   :D

Barrister

I had to go down to Calgary for a conflict file.  Mrs B and the kids were visiting her parents, which was kind-of on the way, so I went also.

As I'm driving I see the truck two vehicles ahead of me has hurled something out the window.  It sails through the air, lands at the side of the road.  Sure enough - beer can. :mad:

I try to catch up and follow the guy.  He's definitely speeding, going 130.  Driving pattern is not terrible, but he is crowding and even going onto the centre line.  So fuck him - I call it in as a suspected impaired driver.  I then back off.  Unfortunately the truck was quite dirty and I couldn't get close enough to get a plate (plus I didn't like following a guy speeding that much).

I was hoping to see him pulled over in the next town, but no luck. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Quote from: KRonn on January 20, 2015, 11:16:39 AM
My dentist has many of my family, cousins and extended family as patients and sees them more often, so the running joke is that I ask him what's new with my relatives and he fills me in on things.   :D
Heh.  My dentist always asks me how my wife is doing, which is funny since she's never met her.  She used to be a patient at the same place, but left after she got into a huge fight with the original dentist who owned the practice.  So it probably says on my patient info sheet that my wife is still a patient, and so the new dentist in the practice feels compelled to ask.

CountDeMoney

A gorgeous snowy day, not too fast coming down and only about 2 or 3 inches of accumulation, max. 

So what better reason to get out of the house, take a short trip down to the Royal Farms store in 4WD for a large coffee, two chocolate frosted doughnuts and sit with the rest of the Old Guys and do the Old Guy Thing, watching the world go by. 

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 21, 2015, 03:24:26 PM
A gorgeous snowy day, not too fast coming down and only about 2 or 3 inches of accumulation, max. 

So what better reason to get out of the house, take a short trip down to the Royal Farms store in 4WD for a large coffee, two chocolate frosted doughnuts and sit with the rest of the Old Guys and do the Old Guy Thing, watching the world go by. 

My local McDonald's was missing you this morning.  Next time you're there, make sure you ask for your SENIOR coffee.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 21, 2015, 03:26:44 PM
My local McDonald's was missing you this morning.  Next time you're there, make sure you ask for your SENIOR coffee.

McDonald's coffee sucks ass.  And people get all weirded out when I watch their kids in the ball pit.  :P

I had considered Panera Bread, but I was simply not in the mood for wading into a crowd of obnoxious hipsters sucking up free WiFi with their Apple Products, as that can cause homicidal ideations.  So, it was Old Guys at Royal Farms, which merely induces suicidal ideations.