News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

I was at the bookstore today, but I forgot to buy the Battlefield 4 novel.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Brain on January 02, 2014, 10:43:42 AM
I was at the bookstore today, but I forgot to buy the Battlefield 4 novel.

Raistlin is in it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

The good local sushi place was closed, and I ended up getting a salad from the supermarket. The salad dressing came in a type of bag that was new to me (though I hope it has existed for years in more civilized parts of the world). It was completely awesome: easily opened and it gave me complete control and confidence when applying the dressing to the salad. How much went were was under my total control. Then it was closed as easily and I didn't get my fingers (or any other non-food surface) dirty at all. I love the guy who invented that bag.

Brazen

I gave blood yesterday. While waiting for my post-donation cup of tea and a biscuit, I heard a dripping sound - I thought someone had spilled their drink. Turns out they hadn't quite turned my tap off, so to speak, and despite the dressings I'd just squirted a cupful of Claret from my arm all over the church hall floor. I'm sure I saw some donors still in the queue make a hasty exit! I didn't realise I'd splashed my jacket quite elaborately with blood until lunchtime today. I wondered why it was so easy to get a seat on the train this morning!

The Brain

They must have thought you had a severe lady moment. :o

The Brain

Capetan Mihali

Walking to work, I got distracted pondering some "Obama is a Communist"-style bumper stickers ("You Voted For It, Comrade!"), leading me to slip on the ice and hit my head in front of a bunch of school children and concerned parents, and then I discovered that the containers of cottage cheese and hummus I was bringing for lunch exploded in the bag and got all over everything. :weep:

I'm going to sue Obama.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 10, 2014, 09:08:25 AM
Walking to work, I got distracted pondering some "Obama is a Communist"-style bumper stickers ("You Voted For It, Comrade!"), leading me to slip on the ice and hit my head in front of a bunch of school children and concerned parents, and then I discovered that the containers of cottage cheese and hummus I was bringing for lunch exploded in the bag and got all over everything. :weep:

I'm going to sue Obama.

Hummus? You must support Bin Laden.

PDH

I woke up and had a bowel movement that was very satisfying.  Then I had another.  It is my day off so I can afford to splurge.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 10, 2014, 09:34:24 AM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 10, 2014, 09:08:25 AM

I'm going to sue Obama.

Hummus? You must support Bin Laden.

Al Qaeda had a buy one get one free deal.  :blush:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

Ed Anger

Capetan Mihali

Cedars, I think.  A Lebanese outfit from Taxachusetts.

My surviving cottage cheese had road dirt in it. :yucky:  I demand my cottage cheese be as pure as the driven snow.

Admiral Yi

Have you tried the Hezbollah brand?

Ed Anger

KRonn

Quote from: Brazen on January 03, 2014, 11:24:23 AM
I gave blood yesterday. While waiting for my post-donation cup of tea and a biscuit, I heard a dripping sound - I thought someone had spilled their drink. Turns out they hadn't quite turned my tap off, so to speak, and despite the dressings I'd just squirted a cupful of Claret from my arm all over the church hall floor. I'm sure I saw some donors still in the queue make a hasty exit! I didn't realise I'd splashed my jacket quite elaborately with blood until lunchtime today. I wondered why it was so easy to get a seat on the train this morning!

Vampire!!!!   :lol: