News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

A guy in the subway sat next to me, reading L. Ron Hubbard's A History of Man. I didn't ask him if he was reading it ironically.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Syt on June 18, 2013, 10:14:57 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 18, 2013, 04:23:42 PM
Whatever happened to the Euroattitude that short pants can only be worn by children?

I wasn't aware that such an attitude existed.

I would have called it old-fashioned, not European.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

I can definitely recall some conversations from Paradox or the early days of Languish in which Yuros gave Americans grief for wearing shorts.

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 21, 2013, 12:07:29 PM

I can definitely recall some conversations from Paradox or the early days of Languish in which Yuros gave Americans grief for wearing shorts.

Americans are obese, which makes it important to cover your body as much as possible,
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 21, 2013, 12:07:29 PM

Keep in mind that Germans are basically the Americans of Europe.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 18, 2013, 04:23:42 PM
Quote from: Syt on June 18, 2013, 01:48:48 PM
I bought a belt, summer shorts, two pants, four short-sleeve shirts and four white t-shirts today.

Whatever happened to the Euroattitude that short pants can only be worn by children?

Same with sandles.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: DGuller on June 16, 2013, 11:40:57 PM
For the record, I did not ask for advice during my blueberry poisoning episode.  I was too paralyzed to post.  I only shared my experience once I figured a way out of my predicament.  :mad:

Thanks for the break. You should do that more often.  :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Legbiter

I just came back from Norway. Saw some trees.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

The Brain

I was at BK today (ha garbon!) and a garbage feeder pushed past me on his way into the restaurant. Fucking filth, I thought. Then a while later and a few blocks away I was making my way through the hordes of tourists on my way to Old Town, when this same guy gets in my way for a second. I was like fuck man! If I had been carrying I would have capped his bitch ass right there. For sure.

Liep

The silent scorn, a true Nordic tradition.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on June 24, 2013, 07:03:02 AM
I was at BK today (ha garbon!) and a garbage feeder pushed past me on his way into the restaurant. Fucking filth, I thought. Then a while later and a few blocks away I was making my way through the hordes of tourists on my way to Old Town, when this same guy gets in my way for a second. I was like fuck man! If I had been carrying I would have capped his bitch ass right there. For sure.

You have two fists, don't you?

The Brain

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 24, 2013, 07:21:04 AM
Quote from: The Brain on June 24, 2013, 07:03:02 AM

You have two fists, don't you?

They are my painting hands.

Eddie Teach

sbr

I almost collided with billionaire and Nike co-founder Phil Knight coming out of an elevator a few minutes ago.

The Brain

Quote from: sbr on July 02, 2013, 01:07:43 PM
I almost collided with billionaire and Nike co-founder Phil Knight coming out of an elevator a few minutes ago.

Did you invite him to Languish?