And we're back!

Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 26, 2012, 09:29:16 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 25, 2012, 02:33:08 PM
I had the most awful nightmare last night.

Sounds like your dreams have had a sheltered life.

I've had much, much worse.  They just don't involve the cat.  That's when it gets personal.

CountDeMoney

I had an atrocious dream last night that I was in the Vietnam War, but we were in my old neighborhood where I grew up.  I was off in the distance and saw my unit getting overrun and captured, so I dropped the M-60 after a few bursts and hauled ass, no way I was sitting it out in a POW camp with a watch up my ass. 
So here I am, running through the old neighborhood, trying to find the lines and avoid the NVA--these were definitely NVA, I could tell from the central casting WW2 Japanese uniforms--and after diving in a neighbor's pool and holding my breath under the diving board as they ran by, I finally managed to find my old house, and tried to hide in the bathtub, where they captured me.  But I escaped again when they were chitchatting with one another, and holed up in the attic of a friend's house where Christopher Walken--it was either Christopher Walken or perhaps Christopher Lloyd, the dream was morphing at that point--told me it was safe even though I doubted him because he was Agency and working for Air America, but the neighbors were getting foreclosed upon, and the sheriff's office use of tear gas canisters were drawing the attention of the NVA, who came by and as they started rummaging through the house and I could hear them pulling down the ladder to the attic, I woke up.

Don't eat those Halloween special Candy Cakes with the coconut in them before bed.

PDH

It's the toasted coconut, always the coconut.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

I dreamt that I was training pre-teen girl assassins. Of course, they were all naked.

My brain is a pervert.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

I met my coworker on the subway this morning and showed him the book I'm currently reading (see the Cloud Atlas thread for details and discussion).

Suddenly a guy from across the aisle who goes for the classic Allen Ginsberg look:

shouts over in American accent (NY-ian?) that it's an absolutely brilliant book and that he's glad I'm reading it before the fucking movie that's going to ruin it is coming out.

I told him that I'm half way through and love it so far, but he had already gone back to his own reading.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Hey German asshole, you tell us, in this very thread, what book you are reading. Not go send us on a merry fucking chase into another thread.

Asshole.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Fuck you, Canuckle-Frog. There's a search function.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Today I passed three feet from Joe Abercrombie.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jacob

Quote from: The Brain on October 06, 2012, 07:00:21 AM

He had three feet? Is he some sort of mutant?

The Brain

Quote from: Jacob on October 06, 2012, 10:52:41 AM

It would have been impolite to ask him.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

sbr

Quote from: Jacob on October 06, 2012, 10:52:41 AM

Marti's dream date?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 03, 2012, 11:49:52 AM
Hey German asshole, you tell us, in this very thread, what book you are reading. Not go send us on a merry fucking chase into another thread.

Asshole.

I just assumed the book was named Cloud Atlas and moved on.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

sbr

I didn't care enough to think about it at all.

Admiral Yi

Went to the dentist today, and the route takes me through the heart of the UI campus.

One recent fashion trend I heartily approve of is the shrink wrapped leggings ending in boots.  Longish leathery looking boots, like riding boots. 

Almost as good as a high school bikini car wash.

Eddie Teach

I still prefer bare legs, but I guess that's not really an option in Iowa in October.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?