And we're back!

Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on May 24, 2012, 10:57:41 AM
I saw an Ide-approved woman in the street today. :x
Where was that street, in the Auschwitz museum?

Valmy

Did you put any money in her cup?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Not the museum, no. And not in her cup, no.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on May 24, 2012, 11:15:25 AM

Did you put any money in her cup?

That would be a bit insulting if she wasn't actually a begger - but at least better than what Ide would put all over her face.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Capetan Mihali

I met a legit real-life kleptomaniac today... it was pretty sad.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Jacob

Turns out the CEO of my company is also the part owner of a punk rock and speed metal bar right by Main and Hastings (the shittiest part of town). We're getting free beer there tonight if we go. Not sure if I am going or not... free beer is less attractive than it used to be.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on June 01, 2012, 07:35:39 PM
Turns out the CEO of my company is also the part owner of a punk rock and speed metal bar right by Main and Hastings (the shittiest part of town). We're getting free beer there tonight if we go. Not sure if I am going or not... free beer is less attractive than it used to be.

Please, dude, look who you work for.  Somebody gives you a hard time, just steal somebody's car and run over them and get it painted until your wanted level drops.

katmai

Pssst, that was who he use to work for, now a days his boss likes it if you are playing those damn social games on facebook iirc :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

My bad.  Challenge them to Scramble With Friends, then.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: PDH on May 24, 2012, 07:27:26 AM
Did you terror bomb Rotterdam?

Nope and no Unternehmen Strafgericht (désolé Neil).
Nur Blitzreisen für meinen Geburtstag.

Syt

I went to pick up a package from my corner post office this morning. I had to wait in line for over ten minutes which wouldn't have been so bad.

However, demonstrating the Austrian telekom's digital cable tv offering they had a tv tuned into Serbian music tv BN Music. :bleeding:

In related news, I'm now a tablet owner:

Asus EEE SL101 slider:

It got very good reviews over here. I bought if for two main reasons: it's using Android, not Apple OS, and Asus has a rep for keeping their softwares/OS updated. Also, it has an integrated keyboard, so it can double as mobile typewriter. It's therefore bulkier than "normal" tablets. However, had I bought a different keyboard I would have bought a keyboard, anyways.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Iormlund

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on June 01, 2012, 07:17:15 PM
I met a legit real-life kleptomaniac today... it was pretty sad.

I met one 20 or so years ago, a 13 yo kid with truly exceptional dexterity.

Turns out his (well off and largely absent) parents were psychiatrists. :frusty:

Admiral Yi

Tomorrow I will hit the road for Lexington, Ken-tuck-ee, for my oldest niece's wedding.  Wedding itself is sure to be a bust, as my brother's family is all churched-up.  But still roadtrips are fun.  See y'all in a couple days.

Admiral Yi

Have a good time Yi, we'll miss you. :cheers:

Thanks! :cheers:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.